Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NEW FFL needed

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by xtratoy, Nov 20, 2015.

1. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

I have been waiting for a couple of weeks to get FFL sent to sender of a receiver I bought. Have been using SWWSURPLUS but since they moved they don't seen to be able to get it sent. I just called and asked and got hung up on.? Who in the Vancouver area is doing $20 dollar transfers. I am tired of waiting.

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Tropical pawn has 2 locations and I've never had an issue.

I would contact @Thebastidge, I believe that's his shop, and let him know your feedback.

3. rick49

rick49 Lewis Well-Known Member

On the contrary my I interject please.
    SW surplus has served me well...not well really but great!

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. johnsland8

johnsland8 Vancouver, WA Member

First... I will second the above about SW WA Surplus. Those guys have always been GREAT w/ transfers. I saw on their website a short while ago they were having to get new licenses because of their move. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, and I'm not going to defend them if they hung up on you, but I wouldn't hesitate to refer someone to them based on my experiences.

Second... +1 for NW Custom Firearms. He would definitely be my first second choice.

Third... If your transferring a receiver why would you do that in WA and pay tax? Handgun, of course. Long gun, never. Just sayin...;)

pietro beretta likes this.
  6. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

I still will use SWWSURPLUS once they get their new FFL issued. I just took it wrong after being put on hold 4 minutes then getting disconnected. They have been getting a run around from the BATF since the move to their new location. The receiver was bought from out of state from a Gunbroker auction. It is the part that has a serial # on it.

7. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Sw wa surplus is my #1 waiting in ffl though been using tropics pawn $21 for a transfer. Amd they will put more then one on a transfer form for no extra cost. So say you order a rifle, a shotgun, and a couple lower receivers. For $21