JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
** Note that I'm not affiliated in any way. I just thought it was a cool new torch and thought some of you might be interested. :)

Fenix is now taking pre orders for their new PD36R with max output at 1600 lumens for 2.9 hours. It's 5.3 inches long and priced at just under $100. The expected release date is July 5th.

The light is USB rechargeable, with 5 settings including a strobe. It runs off a 21700 battery but it doesn't appear as if the battery is available yet as I couldn't find it on their site. I'm sure it will be along shortly. I also have the Fenix UC35 v2.0 which is basically a 1000 lumen version of this light with a couple differences. But the USB functionality is wonderfully convenient. It's nice to be able to charge it in your vehicle with just a USB cable and small car charger.

Two possible downsides to this light are that a) it doesn't run off of primary cells too...which is a bummer, and b) there is no "moonlight" setting. The lowest output is 30 lumens for 115 hours.

Fenix PD36R Rechargeable 1600-Lumen Tactical Flashlight

Fenix_PD36R_Main_Image__19909.1561387246.jpg

USB hookup is a deal killer for me.

One more thing to potentially malfunction. I do like there earlier models and own 3 currently.

USB hookup is a deal killer for me.

One more thing to potentially malfunction. I do like there earlier models and own 3 currently.

What happens if the charging port stops working? Does the entire light go dead? Because the batteries can still be pulled and put on a charger like normal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top