JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
** Note that I'm not affiliated in any way. I just thought it was a cool new torch and thought some of you might be interested. :)

Fenix is now taking pre orders for their new PD36R with max output at 1600 lumens for 2.9 hours. It's 5.3 inches long and priced at just under $100. The expected release date is July 5th.

The light is USB rechargeable, with 5 settings including a strobe. It runs off a 21700 battery but it doesn't appear as if the battery is available yet as I couldn't find it on their site. I'm sure it will be along shortly. I also have the Fenix UC35 v2.0 which is basically a 1000 lumen version of this light with a couple differences. But the USB functionality is wonderfully convenient. It's nice to be able to charge it in your vehicle with just a USB cable and small car charger.

Two possible downsides to this light are that a) it doesn't run off of primary cells too...which is a bummer, and b) there is no "moonlight" setting. The lowest output is 30 lumens for 115 hours.

Fenix PD36R Rechargeable 1600-Lumen Tactical Flashlight

Fenix_PD36R_Main_Image__19909.1561387246.jpg

USB hookup is a deal killer for me.

One more thing to potentially malfunction. I do like there earlier models and own 3 currently.

USB hookup is a deal killer for me.

One more thing to potentially malfunction. I do like there earlier models and own 3 currently.

What happens if the charging port stops working? Does the entire light go dead? Because the batteries can still be pulled and put on a charger like normal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top