JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How can the same agency contradict itself so blatantly and still have it's finding hold any water in court? These loosie goosy opinions are killing jobs and from what I see not seeking any real solutions. Once again, people are complying with the law then government comes and threatens to change the law.

That used to be the way it was measured. Then that guy in Connecticut I believe got raided and they changed it and said that braces were included in the OAL but if it folded it wasn't. Now it sounds like they are going back and it's only the buffer tube that is included in the OAL. That is the way I have been treating it all along. My pistols all have AFGs only. I would rather keep them classified as "pistols" instead of putting them in that "firearm" category.

I'm not the least bit surprised. I've seen many people, at the Range, using these, so called "Braces", as Shoulder Stocks.

They(the BATFE) threw out the Hook, by initially approving the "Brace", lots of people simply misused the "Brace" as a Stock. It looks like They got the "Fish" They were Trolling for. Plus, all the fees that will come Their way in the form of new Tax Stamps.

I'm not the least bit surprised. I've seen many people, at the Range, using these, so called "Braces", as Shoulder Stocks.

They(the BATFE) threw out the Hook, by initially approving the "Brace", lots of people simply misused the "Brace" as a Stock. It looks like They got the "Fish" They were Trolling for. Plus, all the fees that will come Their way in the form of new Tax Stamps.

It's not about braces themselves, just whether or not you can put a vertical grip on a pistol without registering it as an AOW. Has to have an OAL over 26"

My braces touch my shoulder all the time. And my shoulder hasn't started a #metoo movement yet so I think I'm good. :p

The rule is a rule ...
Until those who make the rules change it...
Kinda like Captain Barbossa and :
"They're more like guidelines..."

All Joking aside , when the rules are changed or made open to free and easy interpretation , it plays Hell on those of us who want to follow the rules...whatever they may be.
Andy

How is this a change?!

I was under the impression adding a vertical grip to a "pistol" was always illegal.

Meh, if it's a federal law it's probably written terribly vague and without common sense.

How is this a change?!

I was under the impression adding a vertical grip to a "pistol" was always illegal.

Meh, if it's a federal law it's probably written terribly vague and without common sense.
To them 26"+ OAL but no a rifle is a firearm not a pistol or AOW. According to our smart leaders 26" and under is easily concealed so such laws exist to reflect such.

I'm going to preface this by saying in NFA34 is stupid, unconstitutional, never should have existed in the first place, has stopped almost zero criminals, should have been repealed generations ago, should have been ruled unconstitutional by the courts (though it was upheld many times), and is an affront to common sense and decency. In other words, it sucks beyond what can be articulated in any human language. But regarding the rule-making horse-manure surrounding said, this can be solved with a very easy step:

160px-Nfastamp.jpg

Total crap? Yes. But life involves working around a multiplicity of idiotic people and systems. Godspeed, amigos. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews