JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Federal rules which allowed concealed carry permit holders to carry in national parks and wildlife refuges have been overturned. NRA appealing. . .

<broken link removed>

I imagine some folks who, when camping, have carried a handgun with them either in their vehicle, in their camper or, on their person for years. Long before the latest presidential order allowing it.

Now that this has been overturned, I expect some folks will continue to do so...regardless.

how much of the 'woods' does this cover? I'm a little confused about what types of areas they are talking about. These aren't places you are allowed to shoot in anyway, right? I'm a little nervous about breaking this law accidently

Its not just parks, its ANY federally owned land. Park, Recreation area, Habitat Preservation, Animal Sanctuary or Wildlife Preserve. Pretty much, if it its in the mountains, (here in Washington anyways) its either Private (wharehouser or other timber company) Federal, or State. State land, is okay to carry a fire arm on. The "national parks" are not. The big ones here are Mt. St Helens, Mt. Ranier National Park, and the Olympic Mountain National Park. These are all OFF limits to firearms.. well.. they were... but then they werent.... but now they are.....

Yup... your gonna be in trouble if you come to our state.. Oh.. and dont forget about Mr. Nickels and his big push to Ban firearms on Public Property in Seattle!! HAHHHA... :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.. and dont forget about Mr. Nickels and his big push to Ban firearms on Public Property in Seattle!! HAHHHA...

oh, I get it.... so more wackjobs can carry illegal firearms into places like Seattle Center during FolkLife and get to shoot up more people before they are neutralised..... and, once caught (if by some miracle they're still alive) they now have one extra felony to hang on them. Great.. I feel SO much safer now. Yeah, insane, or whut? If such whackjobs realised that, in any public gathering space such as that, there COULD be some law-abiding citizens carrying concealed handguns, and TRAINED to USE them, I'd wager they'd have another think about their chances of carrying off their mayhem. But then, who in such "government as saviour" crowds would ever think of that, anyway? Tell us all you want that "the Police are there to protect you"... and I'll simply ask (well, where WERE they at those times? Who else WERE they so busy protecting they could not protect the folks having fun at FolkLife? Or how about the cyclists that have continualy gotten mugged on the I-90 Bike Tunnel, the one on Mercer Island (I think it is....)? I'm waiting for the first time some cyclist is packing, and some hoodlum homeless brutes try it again..... If that were me, I'd hold the louts until the cops got there to arrest them.. IF they would do so. From what I've seen, though, seems they'd rather arrest ME for "brandishing a firearm". Well, yes, I brought it out to present to criminals obviously intent upon doing me and my mates immediate bodily harm in the commission of a felony, that of robbery and assault with a mind to coerce them to cease their nefariouus activity. Sheesh.... how DO these idiots get into office anyway? WHO votes for them? No one I know...... maybe its all those dead people, or the mail in ballots that keep getting sent to years-old addresses...... no one living and sane that I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I may be wrong, but thought it was supposed to go into effect some time in Feb. after the appeal was settled. Yep just found an article from 5/22/09 in the Washington Post that scheduled that the law is settled to go into effect in Feb.

Latest I've got on this: the courts overturned the opening of the parks.... but one wise Senator added an ammendment to the National Parks Funding bill last spring, the ammendment was passed, then the bill WITH the ammendment was passed.. and set to become law 1 Jan this year. BUT--- the envirowhackjobs have sued, demanding an Environmental Impact Statement from those groups who WANT to allow carry in national parks to prove there would be no impact on the park lands inherent in the mere act of carrying a holstered handgun on those lands. Yay, Sierra Club..... morons!!!

SO.. there are, of course, several challenges to that lawsuit, throwing out the requirement for the EIS as a condition of the bill actually becoming effective.

Interesting..... our Founding Fathers feared the tyranny of the 51&#37;, which is why they established a representative form of government. What we have here is the tyranny of the 5 point 1%, ruling by the force of the courts to favour their own special interests. It is obviously nothing to do with any harm perpetrated by the carrying of concealed weapons on national parks land. It has to do with the rabid dog brady-crazed crowd.

How to fix it? I dunno, I suppose collect enough money to buy a bigger lawyer to shut them up? Insane...... no idea when it might be resolved. Haven't heard a timetable. Meanwhile, a right we''ve been given, had taken away, given back, taken away again, and finally returned to us is on hold because of a few whackjob whiners. No harm done, no harm threatened.

My personal opinion is that these Environmental Impact Studies are a crock. Rather than the law requiring ME to spend cubic money to prove there will be no harm in what I am wanting to do, and do this every time the green weenies cry, what SHOUILD be the requirement is for anyone who thinks my proposed actions will cause harm are the ones burdened to prove there will be. Put the onus on those who think there will be harm....

We all know the green movement is really the totalitarian communist movement. Has nothing to do with trees or climate. Legal action like this should prove that. Ive been worrying all along that gun use might be outlawed with indirect tyranny like 'healthcare reform' and envirornmental law. We are seeing it first hand. Its time to give these rats what they deserve....and you know what im talking about.

Yup... find out which lawmakers continue to support this treason, and vote them out. Better yet, help find and field candidates that have their brains at the correct )upper) end of their bodies. Help them take away some of the seats of the rats.

tyranny wins when good men do nothing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads