JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"

Several House Democrats on Friday called on President Joe Biden to appoint a "national gun violence" director, coming after the White House pushed Congress to try and pass more gun-control measures, including one that would limit liability shields for gun manufacturers.

"Currently, federal efforts to combat gun violence, including research on the impacts and causes of gun violence and law enforcement efforts to combat it, are siloed across agencies," read a letter (pdf) from Reps. Joe Neguse (D-Colo.) and Lucy McBath (D-Ga.). "Appointing a National Director of Gun Violence to promote coordination of federal agencies will ensure these agencies are working collaboratively, including via the dissemination of critical data and coordination of shared goals, including the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, and Tobacco, Department of Justice, Health and Human Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

The director role, they said, should be tasked with reducing firearms deaths and injuries by at least 50 percent for the next ten years.

However, the appetite for gun control among the American public might be diminishing. In the past year, gun sales exploded as about 8.5 million people purchased firearms for the first time, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The FBI also said it processed nearly 40 million gun background checks.

Jurgen Braue, the chief economist at Small Arms Analytics and Forecasting, told Business Insider that "wave upon wave of uncertainty and concern [are] driving firearm demand" in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and riots last year.

Gun-rights groups have issued warnings about recent Democratic proposals for stricter gun regulations.

"While we can agree that there are several 'common sense' and long overdue changes needed to our nation's gun laws, we firmly believe that the path forward should be focused on supporting and protecting responsible, law-abiding Americans—not criminalizing and punishing them," the U.S. Concealed Carry Association said in a letter to Biden earlier week, noting that as many as 105 million law-abiding gun owners could face criminal penalties.

And in February, Biden said this month that he'd push Congress to pass more laws restricting firearms, including allowing gun manufacturers to face lawsuits, "banning "assault weapons," and placing bans on high-capacity magazines.

"This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets," Biden said earlier this month during the anniversary of the Parkland, Florida mass shooting.

I have been assured by the gurus posting on this board that the legislature cannot ban so - called "assault weapons." Relying on their expertise, I am so NOT worried that for the first time in probably 30 or so years I visited a gun show and did not donate to any of the gun groups soliciting money.

I have been assured by the gurus posting on this board that the legislature cannot ban so - called "assault weapons." Relying on their expertise, I am so NOT worried that for the first time in probably 30 or so years I visited a gun show and did not donate to any of the gun groups soliciting money.

What did these self-appointed 'gurus' think when Trump banned bump stocks?

A lot of worries and pontificates about the loss of 'weapons'. However think of the upside: sales in pesticides, ball peen hammers will be a real plus for the economy. Cracking a skull with a hammer is a rush and if you do it right, no to little blood splatter. Or how about an ice pick or awl in the ear and just 'scramble' the grey matter in the container. The english banned swords in the highlands. More than a few were found during re-thatching a roof!

Last Edited:
Trolls dont get fed around here big fella.

Yes they do, but it's a palm sammich instead!

17579759-EC92-42EC-B55E-19C924A0C7A9.gif CA69132A-2D01-4715-8525-B1B2973428E3.gif

We'll even water 'em.... if they're on fire.
CD5D376E-8F53-4221-B606-BD7A2450023D.gif

Just curious which shooting you thought was fabricated. Are the shootings in Chicago fabricated, or just the ones that don't fit your narrative?
You being divisive and having me walk you through what I meant accomplishes what for you exactly? Your first response to me (ever), is a hyper focused quote where you attempt to label me as you cannot grasp the concept of what Im talking about. Why on earth would I entertain you? Fish elsewhere big fella.

You being divisive and having me walk you through what I meant accomplishes what for you exactly? Your first response to me (ever), is a hyper focused quote where you attempt to label me as you cannot grasp the concept of what Im talking about. Why on earth would I entertain you? Fish elsewhere big fella.
When discussing school shootings, you said it's hard to fabricate one. Who fabricates them and which ones did they fabricate? Either you have an answer or you don't, it's one or the other.

Another dodge still means no answer.

I've been wondering when we can expect liability lawsuits against individual, private sellers of used firearms. I'm not joking here. After buying and selling guns over the course of the past 55 years, I've accumulated a lot of exposure.

Presumably the cause of action would be based on some sort of negligence. The statute of limitations would shield you from much of that exposure.

To some extent transfer through an ffl with a background check also would shield you.

I think most people don't understand the basis of firearms manufacturer liability protection. The product these companies make, if working properly, are intended to some degree or another, to hurt or kill other living things, including people. What would the basis of a valid lawsuit even be? The product did what it should? It'd get tossed on summary judgment almost all the time. Accordingly, the only purpose is to shield manufacturers from the cost of nuisance lawsuits. (BTW vaccine manufacturers have this sort of legal protection too, because some small percentage of the population WILL have an allergic reaction, so protect the makers of vaccines that protect public health.)

I think they know they can't really do much. Pushing the envelope too far will draw court challenges, that they don't really want to lose because it will create pro-2A precedent (based on the assumed leanings of the current USSC.) Look for expanded background checks or licensing requirements and safe storage laws.

When discussing school shootings, you said it's hard to fabricate one. Who fabricates them and which ones did they fabricate? Either you have an answer or you don't, it's one or the other.

Another dodge still means no answer.
No matter how hard you try to fish here pal, It is not going to happen. All your snarky replies to folks on this forum are a clear indication of your motives here. Move along, this isn't Twitter or Facebook. Those tactics simply will not work.

No matter how hard you try to fish here pal, It is not going to happen. All your snarky replies to folks on this forum are a clear indication of your motives here. Move along, this isn't Twitter or Facebook. Those tactics simply will not work.
He's no different than the myriad of lefty trolls before him. I have to admit the best we had starting 20+ yrs ago went by the handle LAGC (Liberal Against Gun Control)...that dude was a freaking genius at pushing the righty folks buttons and I never banned him because he played so well and kept his toes 0.0000005" away from crossing the line. Our new crop here needs more basic training from the DunG masters if they are going to get any traction.

He's no different than the myriad of lefty trolls before him. I have to admit the best we had starting 20+ yrs ago went by the handle LAGC (Liberal Against Gun Control)...that dude was a freaking genius at pushing the righty folks buttons and I never banned him because he played so well and kept his toes 0.0000005" away from crossing the line. Our new crop here needs more basic training from the DunG masters if they are going to get any traction.
I hear ya!
Ive read some other posts from this member.. While I do champion for opposing opinions here that are done respectfully for dialogs sake.. this members tactics are clearly done to drag things out and frame arguments in a particular way. This member seems like the typical twitter/facebook debater wanting to steer a debate topic in a certain direction.
My post had more meaning than the proposed cherry picked mass event this member chose to bring up and label me with.

If someone is going to troll or attempt to stir things up.. subtleness is the key.. when its overtly bold.. the tactics are too obvious.
Im simply declining engagment with this member, they can easily move onto someone else that wants to debate.

It's curious that many of the "activists" who lurk here occasionally break cover and start debating people. Some of this trolling is definitely organized, as we saw after the election when there was a coordinated nuisance attack by a handful of individuals.

I'm willing to wager there are several anti-AR15 and (most likely) anti-right wing organizations that have made an account here, and multiple people access these accounts over time. It's also likely many of these are national organizations based out of state. They're looking for a shred of anything they can take out of context to build their case.

Last Edited:
It's not surprising there isn't any substance behind your one liners. That's about as deep as most conspiracy theories like "fabricated school shootings" get.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top