JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Needing help with a project, traded for what I was told a good fal. Would like to turn it into a shorter carbine (para type) don't mind getting the tools for a MAYBE ONE TIME build, may grow fond of this type of rifle.

What tools would I need? And best place to order from?
My background is as a 30 fabricater, welder, machinist, cnc progamer. And do most of my own 1911 work.

I'm sure from what I see on the site there are some builders that I hope would share tips and info for my 1st rifle build.

Thanks to all that respond

So you will need to cut the barrel down, rethread, and open the gas port up. Do you already have a para stock for it?

If your handy with a mill and a boreing head you can cut the thread diameter and then run a die down it. Or take the barrel off and thread on a lathe. I prefer the mill seeing how its just for a flash hider.

What make rcvr are you starting out with? And what config is the rifle now? I have been a longtime member of the falfiles and have built a few (30+)

Hey Velzey,
Thanks for the feedback, I have also talked with Rich at CGW and he that I can modify (cut) my lower to accept a para stock.... And no have not got yet.... And he said I can change my rear site to some type of rotating one for got which one. I could just break down da $ and get a 16in barrel but I want a 18in complete powder burn and less FPS lost.

The upper recr says L1A1 sporter Cal .308 Receiver made by IMBEL-BRAIZL Imported by CAI St. Alb VT

I would like to get a local salem group together as a builder club to share their work and ideas and go shooting kinda like maybe a co-op deal .... Someone has tools but not all of them, or maybe some one needs someone that can weld and so on.

Oh also the bolt carrier and bolt have what I gather are called sand cuts. I would attach a pic but not that talanted.... I be a dynasore when it comes to websites my CPU and smart Ph. LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top