Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New drinking game

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by JimmyS1985, Dec 20, 2012.

1. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

Take a shot whenever an MSNBC host, politician on that channel, or commentator calls a magazine a "clip". You will get drunk really really fast.

mtn1x and (deleted member) like this.
  2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That would require watching MSNBC. I'll pass. I gave up watching televised news and news networks a long time ago.

mtn1x and (deleted member) like this.
  3. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

Yea I know but I got them in the background while I surf the internet. They all come off as people who have never held a firearm in their entire lives. I don't like the word "assault rifle" it sounds much worse than it actually is. I've never been one to call my firearm a gun, I either call it a firearm, or a bullet propulsion device.

edit: What really grates my ears is hearing them constantly call them assault rifles. Congress has already dictated what classified as an assault rifle, selector switch for full-automatic fire (or 3 round burst), grenade launchers and bayonet mounts. When I first joined this forum I made the mistake, I regret it now, of referring to some of my favorite firearms that I'd like to own, as assault rifles. Someone on here corrected me and I've never made the same mistake again, they are NOT assault rifle's, the proper term for them is "semi-automatic sporting rifles". I wish people would use that term more often, it's not only the correct term, but it doesn't make these rifle's sound like the same weapons issued to the military for civilians.

4. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

Didn't used to bother me all that much but now hearing "Clip" a zillion times is starting to wear on me. Grat idea for a drinking game though! :thumbup: