JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought this looked like a rather unique new invention.. Why not apply double-barrel platform to the rifle world? It works for shotguns right? This gun looks cool, although I don't know if I will fork over the thousands to buy one.. It is the Gilboa Snake double barreled AR-15 manufactured by the Israeli company named Silver Shadow. I'm assuming these will be available to the American consumer soon. A semi auto and full auto version are being manufactured. Also, this gun will fire 2 rounds per trigger pull for the semi auto version.. Hopefully, they will make a version that is 16" or long, so it can be owned in Washington state. The rifle is listed as being 9.5" for each barrel, but obviously, with NFA restrictions, it will hamper sales if they do not make a longer barrel version.

::: Silver Shadow Gilboa Snake Double Barreled AR-15 from Israel

I don't see the point. If one round isn't enough, use a bigger round. All this seems is a way to make a heavier and bulkier rifle that uses twice as much ammunition twice as fast.

Two 5.56 rounds are still cheaper than one 6.8SPC round.. Also, the ability not to have to reload after 60 rounds has its advantages, esp if you don't need a larger round, esp in CQB scenario, which this gun appears to be more designed for, as you can see with short barrel configuration. I'm not sure if there is a double-trigger mechanism, like with a double barrel shotgun, but if there isn't, that would be a valuable feature for this gun to add. Drums are clunky and inefficient, but the design of the double mags does not seem invasive and looks more efficient than a drum.. And, of course, you don't have to worry about double-taps, as the gun does that for you.. :winkkiss:

As I said, I don't know if I am investing my money in one of these things.. But, it just looks like a cool gun to have; however, I do seem some practical uses for it.

It will be an NFA weapon, any weapon that fires more than one cartridge per trigger pull, is

What I would like to see is a power assisted semi auto mini gun with 6 barrels in an affordable caliber like 7.62 x 39

goes well with :s0112:

af2011_a_1_double_barrel_pi_stol_arsenal_firearms-tfb.jpg

what's next? quad barreled?

Not sure if Id buy one, but Id sure as hell play with one!
Perhaps if it was a proprietary upper?.. Well then again youd need a duel feeding system.. So never mind
.. Unless it was a staggered bolt system?.. Nah.. Still wouldnt work.
Never mind.

Ill stick to my 7.62 AKs, because shooting twice is silly.

Just use a 30-06 and you wouldn't need 2) at a time or 60rds.

And double barrel rifles have been around since the Flintlock era. And side by side CF rifles have been the norm in Africa for over 100 years. They are called Drillings.

Just use a 30-06 and you wouldn't need 2) at a time or 60rds.

And double barrel rifles have been around since the Flintlock era. And side by side CF rifles have been the norm in Africa for over 100 years. They are called Drillings.

Yes but they fire one shot per trigger pull. Not saying I agree they should be restricted, I am a 2nd Amendment absolutist

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top