JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've noticed that guys that drive diesel trucks with loud exhaust also get allot less mileage..they always have their foot in it!

It really does make a different how you drive that diesel truck! My wife honestly drives the one ton dually very mello.. Gets great mileage...

I still have my spreadsheet for my long, tall 2004 Sprinter van. Lifetime mileage, all conditions, was 24.9mpg over 170 fills. Toward the end, since it was getting broken in around 80k miles, it was getting over 27mpg with every tank. I'm not talking about the ICU readout.

Yes, I drive like Grandma. :)

This is my Ram 1500 gasser data:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/1500/2014/paulx/282617

It's not doing so well as I am doing a fair amount of trailer hauling with it, and it's probably the worst truck for that, that Dodge makes. Only rated for 3500 lbs.

Last Edited:
I have been hitting up everyone at work with a 2013 or newer Ram and the one or two that have a Ford or Chevrolet. General consensus suggests 17 MPG is a expected number for for the new Ram Cummins with many swearing breaking the 20 MPG mark with conservative driving on long trips. Most guaranteed hand calculated mileage.

I have been hitting up everyone at work with a 2013 or newer Ram and the one or two that have a Ford or Chevrolet. General consensus suggests 17 MPG is a expected number for for the new Ram Cummins with many swearing breaking the 20 MPG mark with conservative driving on long trips. Most guaranteed hand calculated mileage.

This is what I am seeing with my 2014 Ram 2500. I have about 8500 miles on it and it really seems to be getting better and better as the miles go by. Not really MPG but power and just ease of getting around. Kind of hard to explain but the motor just seems to be loosening up in the best possible way. Not that it has ever been lacking in power, it just seems easier now.

2012 dodge 4 door 4x4 longbed fully deleted with 6 speed manual gets 17.2mpg. I got 17.8 until I put on 275/75-19.5, I love getting 100k miles out of them but hard on brakes and mileage. When I tow it drops to 13-15 mpg depending on the load. If your gonna tow heavy loads try and find the manual tyranny, hard to come by sometimes but worth it. I had 2 transmissions by 200k in my 2010 dodge.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top