Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New CZ 1911 A1 (Not Dan Wesson)

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by SynapticSilence, Jan 2, 2015.

1. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

Was cruising the CZ-USA site tonight and came across something that wasn't there last time I looked and something I'd heard nothing about in the trades yet. It's a CZ 1911 A1 (Not a Dan Wesson). Clearly marked "CZ 1911 A1" on the slide. Looks to be a standard mil-spec 1911 with a few improvements including slightly improved sights that are higher and with the front sight dovetailed in. Specs state it has a stainless barrel, forged carbon steel frame/slide, checkered walnut grips, and other goodies. MSRP is listed as $849, but it should eventually sell for several hundred less than that (hopefully). Don't know the story on it, i.e. whether it's another manufacturer that CZ-USA is marketing under the CZ name, but it looks like a reasonably nice gun. And since I've never bought anything with CZ on it that I didn't like, so maybe it's worth looking into. Anyway, here's the link -- http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1911-a1/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  2. SynapticSilence

What would be nice if it were a Dan Wesson pistol branded with the CZ logo. Guess we'll wait and see.

mjbskwim likes this.
  3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

That looks like a winner. I have a Canvasback 12-26 and a P-01... and have found both to be of excellent quality, reliability and value.

4. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

I have a 75B SA and love it! I had Fred @ C.a.R. Firearms do a trigger job making a good trigger an amazing trigger! All steel (no plastic) and I'm a happy guy :D

5. SynapticSilence

I've got a P-01 that's a superb firearm. And I've had several others including a 75B, 85, and a P-07. All really great, accurate, and reliable pistols.

6. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bein this is made by the same company that makes Dan Wessons, I'd guess it's basically a lower "level" Dann Wesson with the CZ name rollmarked on it.

That would be a very good thing.:)

mjbskwim likes this.
  7. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

I totally agree! I'm thinking since Dan Wesson's are all tool steel (no mim) that the CZ version has cut costs by incorporating lower cost production methods. Mim has come along way but the jury in my head is still deliberating.
    CZ makes some nice weapons!

8. SynapticSilence

It's already listed under Lipsey's and a couple of other distributors, of course with no stock yet. But they're getting ready. Interesting to see where the price starts and where it ends up.

9. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I know Dan Wesson had a fire a year or two back. Hope there still making 1911's?

My D.W. CCO has a nice fit and finish. Slide to frame is tight. And the gun has been 100% reliable.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    mjbskwim likes this.