JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was cruising the CZ-USA site tonight and came across something that wasn't there last time I looked and something I'd heard nothing about in the trades yet. It's a CZ 1911 A1 (Not a Dan Wesson). Clearly marked "CZ 1911 A1" on the slide. Looks to be a standard mil-spec 1911 with a few improvements including slightly improved sights that are higher and with the front sight dovetailed in. Specs state it has a stainless barrel, forged carbon steel frame/slide, checkered walnut grips, and other goodies. MSRP is listed as $849, but it should eventually sell for several hundred less than that (hopefully). Don't know the story on it, i.e. whether it's another manufacturer that CZ-USA is marketing under the CZ name, but it looks like a reasonably nice gun. And since I've never bought anything with CZ on it that I didn't like, so maybe it's worth looking into. Anyway, here's the link -- http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1911-a1/

Last Edited:
Bein this is made by the same company that makes Dan Wessons, I'd guess it's basically a lower "level" Dann Wesson with the CZ name rollmarked on it.

That would be a very good thing.:)

Bein this is made by the same company that makes Dan Wessons, I'd guess it's basically a lower "level" Dann Wesson with the CZ name rollmarked on it.

That would be a very good thing.:)

I totally agree! I'm thinking since Dan Wesson's are all tool steel (no mim) that the CZ version has cut costs by incorporating lower cost production methods. Mim has come along way but the jury in my head is still deliberating.
CZ makes some nice weapons!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads