JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went shooting yesterday with friend and friend of hers. The 3rd person had never fired gun. Today, person is looking at classes and researching gun to buy!

Edit: we are all late 40s, early 50s. I had most experience and i purchased first gun less than year ago.

Last Edited:
Good move for you and your friends. You can not rely on the police to protect you, they are stretched way too thin.
Getting training and practicing is necessary to being able to protect you and yours in the current times.

Congratulations... I love showing people who have never fired or handled a gun the ropes...

Biggest things I enforce, treat it like it's always loaded, always point it in a safe direction, etc...

The rule that usually sticks with people is "Booger hook off the bang switch till your ready to fire" since their first instinct is to put their finger on the trigger while handling....

The rule that usually sticks with people is "Booger hook off the bang switch till your ready to fire" since their first instinct is to put their finger on the trigger while handling....
On drive out, i had the total newbie hold cleared, unloaded gun with finger off trigger just to start developing muscle memory and discipline.

On drive out, i had the total newbie hold cleared, unloaded gun with finger off trigger just to start developing muscle memory and discipline.
My first big convert is/was a CNN watching movie making believing coworker. Took a year+ just to address bit by bit how what he sees in the movies and media is a bunch of BS....

Homeless people trying to invite themselves into his house (he is almost to retirement) was the final straw where he said he needed a firearm for his household...

Started off with me visiting him after seeing a friend, 2+hrs that went into the morning hours of instruction of finger off, clearing, chamber checks, handling etc before we went to a range...

On his 3rd time out shooting, I brought the evil ghost gun AR15 that shoots 30 bullets in half a second thingy (AR556). He thought he was going to get knocked of his feet and anticipated the recoil, didn't want to shoot it till I told him it was easier than the G2C he was shooting. He saw the tiny holes it made compared to the pistol in the splatter reactive targets, I showed him the actual bullet.... After shooting it, he basically called the AR a toy, tiny bullet, shot much like the Gamo Magnum air rifle I recommended to him for a large rodent issue...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top