Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Convert From Clarkston (Southeast WA)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LemG, Mar 25, 2009.

1. LemG

LemG Clarkston New Member

Hello everyone,
    Until recently I have not owned a gun as an adult, although we had plenty in the house when I was a kid and I was always a pretty good shot. I've now been reintroduced to firearms through a 100% guaranteed formula for getting someone interested. It worked on me a couple months ago, as practiced by a friend who is a detective for a state patrol.
    Step 1 - Take them to the range, set up some bad guy targets, and some timed trials, and let them shoot a variety of guns. We shot the Glock 21, the nasty little snubnose .38 special, a Beretta 92F, a SIG P226, and an M4 (yup, I got to shoot the machine gun).
    Step 2 - Ask them which pistol they liked shooting the best. Me: "Well, I thought I'd like the Glock because it's what everyone talks about in the movies, but it was just okay. The .38 special isn't fun at all, but I can see it's purpose. The Beretta was ok, but hmmm, I think I like the SIG the best."
    Step 3 - Give them their favorite :D No kidding! He gave me the SIG!
    Now my wife (who might be a hoplophobe) thinks I've gone nuts, as I've applied for my CPL, am constantly asking her if she will check Walmart for ammo, and can be found several evenings a week dry firing in the basement.
    Anyway, I'm glad to come aboard and learn and share.
    I doubt there are too many folks in my neck of the woods, but if you are, give me a shout.

2. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome LemG,
    I'm in the Tri-Cities. Not exactly close by but certainly an East-sider. Applying for your CPL was a good move as, politically speaking, it makes you an impossible to ignore statistic. Possibly as good as being an NRA member...

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Nice friend and a good technique for converting a non-gun guy.

SF-

4. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What E-vile, wicked, nasty trick to play on you.
    Who's your friend and does he have a spare firearms ?

5. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to a site full of people alot like you. By the way, have owned several boats made up in your neck of the woods. 'Duckworth Magnum's and Silverwings'

6. LemG

Heh, heh. Some other friends were real anxious to go shooting with him after they heard what he did, but he said he is not giving anymore away.

7. LemG

There are a number of aluminum jet boat manufacturer's here in the Lewiston-Clarkston valley. One company has made boats for a couple of James bond movies, so we're almost famous :)

8. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Welcome from Salem