JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,
Until recently I have not owned a gun as an adult, although we had plenty in the house when I was a kid and I was always a pretty good shot. I've now been reintroduced to firearms through a 100% guaranteed formula for getting someone interested. It worked on me a couple months ago, as practiced by a friend who is a detective for a state patrol.
Step 1 - Take them to the range, set up some bad guy targets, and some timed trials, and let them shoot a variety of guns. We shot the Glock 21, the nasty little snubnose .38 special, a Beretta 92F, a SIG P226, and an M4 (yup, I got to shoot the machine gun).
Step 2 - Ask them which pistol they liked shooting the best. Me: "Well, I thought I'd like the Glock because it's what everyone talks about in the movies, but it was just okay. The .38 special isn't fun at all, but I can see it's purpose. The Beretta was ok, but hmmm, I think I like the SIG the best."
Step 3 - Give them their favorite :D No kidding! He gave me the SIG!
Now my wife (who might be a hoplophobe) thinks I've gone nuts, as I've applied for my CPL, am constantly asking her if she will check Walmart for ammo, and can be found several evenings a week dry firing in the basement.
Anyway, I'm glad to come aboard and learn and share.
I doubt there are too many folks in my neck of the woods, but if you are, give me a shout.

Welcome LemG,
I'm in the Tri-Cities. Not exactly close by but certainly an East-sider. Applying for your CPL was a good move as, politically speaking, it makes you an impossible to ignore statistic. Possibly as good as being an NRA member...

Welcome to a site full of people alot like you. By the way, have owned several boats made up in your neck of the woods. 'Duckworth Magnum's and Silverwings'

There are a number of aluminum jet boat manufacturer's here in the Lewiston-Clarkston valley. One company has made boats for a couple of James bond movies, so we're almost famous :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top