JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I renewed it recently, I went in to the small "city" I live in, walked up to the window, handed her the application & check and that was that. Had it within a week.

The time before that, I went to the County Courthouse in Everett, after making an appointment, did the same, but they took a full 30 days before mailing it to me.

Sister and I applied at our PD yesterday, waiting now to see how long it'll take . Waiting sucks
You'll have to update when you get them. That way others in your area will have an idea how long it takes.

I got mine in Kitsap Co. from the Sheriff's office. Applied and paid, permit was in my mail box exactly one week later.

I'm of the opinion that the background check takes very little time. I think a lot has to do with where you apply, how many others have applied at the same time and how many LEO are responsible for the input of everyones information to run the check (and whether they care about getting them done). The station I applied at had about twelve other people applying the same day as hubby and I did. The deputy that normally handled CPL apps wasn't even in that day. I still had it in one week. The last two numbers on mine are 22. Hubbys last two are 25. The deputy must have double timed the input.:)

About 9 years ago my Pierce County license took about 3 weeks IIRC. There was a bunch of people stacked up in the sort-of lobby.

Now the LESA processing office is across the street, or was, 4 years ago. Maybe it's better now.

The only people where my sister and I it was pretty much empty, but since it's summer time and 4th being so close it'll cut em some slack, give it about another 2 weeks lol.

My girlfriend now wants her own concealed carry permit and I'm wondering if the King County Sheriff's office is doing things any faster or easier. Has anyone gotten a permit from the King County Sheriff lately? How'd it go?
I don't know if someone has told you this or not yet but the State CPL is issued by the local Law Enforcement Agency in which you live. You really don't have a choice in the matter. If you live in King County then the SO is where you go. If you live in Seattle then the PD is the place. It's the law and if they(either the PD or the SO) issues a CPL to someone that doesn't live in their area then they are wrong and the CPL isn't valid.

It wasn't to bad of a wait lol felt like forever, reason I was delayed for my pistol they had to check with Local Pd and yesterday had my CPL waiting for me. Now shopping for a belt gunna make my own iwb and owb holsters.

Went to Redmond PD, they were very nice. One person ahead and one behind me in line. Took about 45 mins total, but mainly due to my prints being a hassle. The volunteer who did my fingerprints was even cracking jokes about my left hand (very bad hand with a dislocated middle finger and the following two fingers so badly scarred and damaged there are no prints to take)! I'm into my 2nd week of waiting and nothing yet, but it's McSnootville and I imagine they will hold tough to the 30 days- though the lady said she would call me when they got results back, which surprised me. I've never heard of them calling, only mailing it to you or sending the denial letter if that's the case.

Went to Redmond PD, they were very nice. One person ahead and one behind me in line. Took about 45 mins total, but mainly due to my prints being a hassle. The volunteer who did my fingerprints was even cracking jokes about my left hand (very bad hand with a dislocated middle finger and the following two fingers so badly scarred and damaged there are no prints to take)! I'm into my 2nd week of waiting and nothing yet, but it's McSnootville and I imagine they will hold tough to the 30 days- though the lady said she would call me when they got results back, which surprised me. I've never heard of them calling, only mailing it to you or sending the denial letter if that's the case.
This is a old thread.

But a lot has changed sense it was started lol
Anacortes PD only does CPL stuff on Wednesday from 09:00 to 12:00 did the paper work finger prints.paid the money.
18 days it was in my mailbox

This is a old thread.

But a lot has changed sense it was started lol
Anacortes PD only does CPL stuff on Wednesday from 09:00 to 12:00 did the paper work finger prints.paid the money.
18 days it was in my mailbox

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would add my experience for anyone who may be looking for more recent info.

The same for Redmond, only can apply on Tues and Thurs from 9-10:30. Beats waiting for an appointment though, some places get booked out weeks (like Woodinville)! I would love to find that bad boy comes early, it's about the only thing that could beat an unexpected check in the mail box lol

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would add my experience for anyone who may be looking for more recent info.

The same for Redmond, only can apply on Tues and Thurs from 9-10:30. Beats waiting for an appointment though, some places get booked out weeks (like Woodinville)! I would love to find that bad boy comes early, it's about the only thing that could beat an unexpected check in the mail box lol
I know that's why I said a lot has changed sense then and made a post

The only good thing about the police station and Sherffs station being booked for weeks.
Means MORE PEOPLE ARE TAKING SELF DEFENSE SERIOUSLY.
and saying A BIG F U .
to the anti gun people

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews