JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never got chance to buy xds, but now I have to wait more. :p

?format=750w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that's interesting, i didn't know it wasn't a Springfield design, just thought they outsourced the manufacturing to Croatia.

But yes, generally a very well regarded pistol :)

Funny you should say that, there is a large sticker on the side of my XDS case, stating, Not Legal in California.

I'm trying to figure out why they made it longer. The reason I bought the 3.3 is because it fits in a pants or shorts pocket. I wish they would make a 40 SW in the 3.3.

It's the same dimensions as the 3.3, only a little longer, which for a lot people, won't make any carry difference, it's the other dimensions that matter more. Also, obvious stuff like heavier nose (recoil) longer range etc.

I think a lot of people might have seen the "4.0" and got excited that it was ".40". I know I had to look twice. I don't care about .40 personally but I know that a lot of people were anticipating that version.

It's the same dimensions as the 3.3, only a little longer, which for a lot people, won't make any carry difference, it's the other dimensions that matter more. Also, obvious stuff like heavier nose (recoil) longer range etc.

I will have my new XDs in 9MM next week, but mine will be a 3.3. My .45 version is a true "Pocket pistol" and the 4.0 barrel would just be too long for that. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck holster that would just as easily hold the 4.0, but I have taken to using a pocket holster as my favored carry method. I have a kydex appendix carry holster for the XDs also but for the short barrel only. The 4.0 is not a "Pocket Pistol".

I like the fact that a longer barrel increases you sight radius, helps with a little more velocity, and adds a smidge of recoil reduction. The Warden might like all that, and this really is likely going to her to replace her S&W .380. She likes the idea of two safeties that she doesn't have to fiddle with.

I decided without asking her that the extra conceal-ability was more important.