Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Colt AR-15

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Nov 28, 2011.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a new AR-15. I want to buy quality, and I don't want to build a rifle, so I've pretty much decided on a Colt. I know some people say they are over priced and what not, but I believe, to an extent, that you get what you pay for. The rifle is going to stay 99% stock, if not 100%. My question is, would you go with an SP6920, or a AR6721, and why? Thanks for the input.

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

I dont think a thousand-ish is over priced. Personally I like heavy barrels, so I would go with the AR6721.

3. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

I think you are making a great decision . Colt sets the standards on a scale of 1-10 its a 10 sure there are some that go to 11 but for twice the price

4. RedneckRampage

Thanks. I like to buy something once, take care of it, and have it last forever. Only thing I plan to do is install a tritium front sight and possibly buy a 14.5" Colt barrel and install it with a permanent flash hider, and a SOPMOD stock, that is it. Where in Portland stocks Colts? Also, are both models that I'm asking about "LE/export" marked?

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Sure ;)
    :thumbup::laugh::laugh:

6. RedneckRampage

I really don't like all the "tacti-cool" stuff lol

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

I own a LE6940 and a CR6724, one's a carbine, one's a marksman rifle, but they're both very good at what they are made to do. I prefer the 6940 over the 6920.
    But here's a link that shows you the difference:
    Colt 6920 vs 6721 - M4Carbine.net Forums

8. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a LE6920 and it was alright.... I mean the stock was thin plastic....the grip was meh.... the mag release button was rough. I guess what I am trying to say is that for a $1200 rifle I expected more quality because it felt really cheap and I was just not impressed with the finish. I liked the roll mark saying law enforcement/military blah blah blah use only lol but I think I paid a little too much, but I did sell it and make a few bucks though lol. I see them for sale on Bud's police supply for $999 delivered but you have to be a cop, security etc. to get that LEO discount. I just got done putting together a dissipator AR15 and the quality IMO was much MUCH nicer and I am much happier now.

9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yep, buy once, cry once.