Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Cleaning product called 'Breakthrough'?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Morpheus, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Anyone heard of this new product called Breakthrough(R)?

https://www.breakthroughclean.com/

I ran across while surfing, I was pondering ordering a bottle and see how it works. Anyone have any first hand experience with this stuff?

2. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Something about the name seems really familiar, and i don't mean BreakFree CLP, but meh, i can't think.

Otherwise, i haven't heard/seen this before, appears to be a cleaner (rather than CLP) and still petroleum based (technically) but it seems to be extremely low toxicity and generally meets the DOD's reqs for that.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Yeah, their claims are interesting. I've been using CLP (With Shooter's Choice for nasty fouling) for so long, that I'm hesitant to try something else. Though if it cleans well, I might ponder it.

4. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Usually a dedicated cleaner will out perform any combined product, it's physics (or something :D ) and to that end, i use MPr07.

This looks like a possible trial product, but i'd like to see the comparison stuff first (reading now)