JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that a few your ads have expired we can get feedback on the renewal system. You should see the renew link under the Manage Ad menu.

You can view all expired ads by using the filter system. Go to the Classified Section, click Filters, then click Expired.

If you just want to see your own classifieds, you can find them under the classifieds tag on your profile: Joe Link (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/members/joe-link.1/#classifieds)

Or on your account page via the link on the left: <broken link removed>

Now that a few your ads have expired we can get feedback on the renewal system. You should see the renew link under the Manage Ad menu.

You can view all expired ads by using the filter system. Go to the Classified Section, click Filters, then click Expired.

If you just want to see your own classifieds, you can find them under the classifieds tag on your profile: Joe Link (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/members/joe-link.1/#classifieds)

Or on your account page via the link on the left: <broken link removed>

So the one thing I noticed Joe is that I didn't receive any alert/notice that my ad was about to expire. Will that be part of the new system at some point? Just to be sure people have maybe 24-48 hours notice or reminder that they need to renew their ad?

That said, I do like the auto expire feature. Hopefully it will help with the folks that open ads but never come back to check on them.

So the one thing I noticed Joe is that I didn't receive any alert/notice that my ad was about to expire. Will that be part of the new system at some point? Just to be sure people have maybe 24-48 hours notice or reminder that they need to renew their ad?

That said, I do like the auto expire feature. Hopefully it will help with the folks that open ads but never come back to check on them.

I absolutely agree. That isn't a feature right now, but I do have it on my list of requests for the developer. If you have any other suggestions to make it better or easier be sure to let me know :)

Update on the cover photo selection not working, I was mistaken on how it's supposed to work. I thought that by selecting the blue star on the photo it would change which photo was displayed when viewing the classified ad, but this is incorrect.

The photos seen viewing the classified ad are arranged in the order they're uploaded. Selecting the blue star changes which photo is displayed next to the ad in the <broken link removed>. The ability to change the photo on the classified list would come in handy if your ad wasn't getting enough traction.

Still looking for additional feedback! :)

I'm so excited to launch this new system that I'm getting a little impatient. I'd like to hear what you guys think about whether or not the system is ready, and if it isn't ready, what we need to work on.

These are the three persistent issues we're waiting on the developer to resolve (for two months now!).

1. The system lacks the ability to mark ads viewed/read. Titles remain in bold even after they're viewed.
  2. The bump system does not work. This is something the developer is going to have to tackle.
  3. Photo uploads do not work from iOS devices.
  4. Training. We need to make this as easy to use as possible!

1. I'm not sure if this will be resolved, but I have it listed here as I'm concerned it will confuse some people.
  2. For this my initial plan is to set all ads to expire after 7 days, at which point they can be renewed. Once this is fixed we'll incorporate the standard bump rules for Supporting Members.
  3. This is a confirmed issue. I'm not sure how many people use their iOS devices to post ads, but if it's their sole device it could be a big one.
  4. I need more feedback on what we can improve as far as layout, wording, buttons -- everything. We need to make sure people see this as an improvement :)

I was able to edit my post and renew it just now. Seems easy to use to me but I usually figure out technical things very easily. Sometimes I find that it is hard for me to see things as someone who isn't very technical.

I was able to edit my post and renew it just now. Seems easy to use to me but I usually figure out technical things very easily. Sometimes I find that it is hard for me to see things as someone who isn't very technical.

This is the exact same problem I have :D

It must be an old system problem, I just tried to edit from my home computer and still can't find an edit tab other than for the tags section. As I recall it use to be in the thread tools tab however all that shows now is "Unwatch tread" and "open" and the controls tab at the bottom only has "report" in it.
and for some reason I can't access the new version from this computer even though I was able to see it before. Maybe I just don't understand them there technical thing-a-majigs too good; I guess I'll have to go get all learned up on the new system so I don't come across as stupid next time. Anyone know where I can get me a copy of "how to edit posts on NWFF for dummies" ?

It must be an old system problem, I just tried to edit from my home computer and still can't find an edit tab other than for the tags section. As I recall it use to be in the thread tools tab however all that shows now is "Unwatch tread" and "open" and the controls tab at the bottom only has "report" in it.
and for some reason I can't access the new version from this computer even though I was able to see it before. Maybe I just don't understand them there technical thing-a-majigs too good; I guess I'll have to go get all learned up on the new system so I don't come across as stupid next time. Anyone know where I can get me a copy of "how to edit posts on NWFF for dummies" ?

Ah yeah, that's the old system :)

Access the new system here: Northwest Firearms Classifieds | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

So I posted a couple of ads a few days ago to try the new system. They have since expired and I would like to un-expire them. Looked around and couldn't find anything that would do that. Read through this thread and found the "manage ad" box reference. Aha!! Back to my ads; no "manage ad" box.:( Got a "Bump Ad' box that doesn't work, got a "Bump Information" box that has a wealth of information of minimal value and nothing on actually bumping ads. Found three places that tell me my ad is expired and one that says it is closed, none of which offer a path to remedy the situation. The bright red "Expired" in the middle of my ad would be a nice hot button to access whatever is necessary to bring my ad back to life. Where might I find this elusive "manage ad" box I have heard rumors of??

We're actually in the process of updating and rewriting the new classified system again, so I'm expecting quite a few issues like this for the time being. I'll be sure to post here once we're updated :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top