JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've filed on October 7th, as of last week OSP told me they just started processing September applications. Any one here went through the process recently?, whats the wait? Very curious

Curious too. I got a reminder for my renewal emailed recently, also wondering no mention of the 114 crapola on their website regarding to the additional training and permitting? Will it be enforced by pat griffith for wa county, or other sheriffs of other OR counties? who knows and how long? What a crapshoot.

No county procedures will change, the only thing different is the speed of the background check. If you live in MultCo you are as screwed as you were before.

Curious too. I got a reminder for my renewal emailed recently, also wondering no mention of the 114 crapola on their website regarding to the additional training and permitting? Will it be enforced by pat griffith for wa county, or other sheriffs of other OR counties? who knows and how long? What a crapshoot.
Not required for a CHL yet. And WCSO are fast with renewals and replacements.

I've filed on October 7th, as of last week OSP told me they just started processing September applications. Any one here went through the process recently?, whats the wait? Very curious
Interestingly, in Benton County I renewed mine in mid-October and got my new card on November 8, the day we voted.

Lane Co. Oregon CHL renewal update. Back in October I looked for an appointment to renew my CHL and the earliest one I could find was 10 months away in August. Lane Co has a canceled appointment option on their calendar so last week I found one for 8 am today. 10 minutes later and $75.00 lighter I'm good to go for another 4 years. They also have a sit and wait option on Wednesdays from 9 to 4 I think, but you have to wait until they find that elusive "round to you" because appointments come first.

Lane Co. Oregon CHL renewal update. Back in October I looked for an appointment to renew my CHL and the earliest one I could find was 10 months away in August. Lane Co has a canceled appointment option on their calendar so last week I found one for 8 am today. 10 minutes later and $75.00 lighter I'm good to go for another 4 years. They also have a sit and wait option on Wednesdays from 9 to 4 I think, but you have to wait until they find that elusive "round to you" because appointments come first.
Yeah, that online appointment is definitely the way to go in Lane County. When I renewed last year there were several people in the waiting room, but they took me right in at my appointed time.

Yeah, that online appointment is definitely the way to go in Lane County. When I renewed last year there were several people in the waiting room, but they took me right in at my appointed time.
yep, I thought that when I started looking for a date and time back in October I could find one closer to my May expiration date. I'm just glad I was able to get it done with minimal hassle. Like I said 10 mins, $75.00 and done.

I renewed mine in Lane county last week. As has already been mentioned, appointments were months out but they do walk ins on Wednesdays, so l got there around 10:45 and was out 23 minutes later, would have been faster but TRO's get priority.

Edit: Nevermind, next post I hit in my search has folks saying 45ish days is average. I'm only about halfway there I guess.

I had my finger print appointment a little over three weeks back here in Multnomah County, they said I'd get it in the mail in "a few" weeks.

Anyone know if it's a few as in any day now or a few as in sometime this summer?

I renewed after letting my CHL expire for 10 years. (I know. What was I thinking)
Took about 45 days and they mailed me a new one. Once they sent me an email that I was approved, it arrived in my mail after 3 days.
Guess I was lucky

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads