JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this baby fast. BMW and Audi owners step aside. Watch the speedometer.

Here is something for you to drool over. The speedometer they show
in the film does not register anything below 40mph. I guess that should
give us a clue.

At 1244 hp it is more powerful than the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Here's A Fun Couple of Minutes for You. Fasten your seat belt!

When you drive a Chevrolet Corvette powered Hennessey Venom GT you don't
shift into fourth gear until 160 MPH! The top speed is incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWAavCjVQvM?feature=player_detailpage

Wow!! That monster could really save me some major time when I need to circle the block, because lately I can never remember if I pushed the button to close the dam garage door or not.:mad:

Why is a really fast car like getting old??....
...neither one of them is for sissies!

Last Edited:
My wife is looking/wanting a new car. Something less conservative, and more of a fun-factor. We are toying with the Dodge Hellcat, Saleen Mustang (with the upgraded supercharger system), Audi RS6 Avant, (
), Nissan GTR, etc.

I saw one of these "newer" Corvette's and said, "What about the new Covette?"

She said, "No. I don't like them!"

End of THAT conversation! :(

Maybe I'll push a little (lot?) more for the Vette. ;)

Looked to me as if he got off the throttle right at 270 but it sounded like she had more MPH possible still :)
Perhaps next run will hit 300 :eek:

More amazing still is that this is a pushrod engine with a SINGLE camshaft.
It is truly amazing to see just how much performance can be developed from an engine design from the 1950s.

My lowly C5 w/345HP always brings a smile to my face when I fire her up and hear the low growl from that Chevy V8. :)

My wife is looking/wanting a new car. Something less conservative, and more of a fun-factor. We are toying with the Dodge Hellcat,

Lots of brute power in the Hellcat.........but it is pretty much a straight line car that won't like curves.

Looks like a mid-engine Vet is due in 2017, but they will be limited production and start around $150k:eek:
The front engine Vet will still be sold as the main model.

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...m-the-heart-stopping-mid-engined-zora-feature

I have had V-8 cars since I was 15. My first was a 69 GTO Judge.

I've had Corvette's for more than 20 years. Fun cars. Easy to modify.
I think rear wheel drive, manual trans cars with a V-8 make up only 2% or so of the cars on the road.

Cars like this are on the way out. Young people don't even get there license until there 26! If ever.
They don't want to drive.:(

Last Edited:

I think rear wheel drive, manual trans cars with a V-8 make up only 2% or so of the cars on the road.

Cars like this are on the way out. Young people don't even get their license until there 26! If ever.

Perhaps, but many car makers are increasing the HP available in many of their models and advertising this fact. I see HP mentioned in most car ads from pickups to mini vans.
And the high cost, high HP models seem to be selling quite well despite the costs for fuel and insurance. So someone is buying all these modern "muscle cars".
Oh, and manual transmissions are on their way out as the newer 8-10 speed auto transmissions can out shift and outrun their manual counterparts. As to rear wheel drive, I see that as being replaced by all-wheel drive in high HP cars.

And some dont like Detroit say its DEAD! Well haha to ya, Back from beyond the grave it looks like!

Leave it to the Americans, for those who dare.
Check out Megafactories on Youtube. Compare the GM Corvette assembly line episode with the Porsche assembly line episode.

Corvette:

Porsche:

Cars like this are on the way out. Young people don't even get there license until there 26! If ever.

[Old Blue]

Pics of C5s I'll play.

P3290686.jpg

Right at 600rwhp with this on top of the block

002.jpg

Very nice Scvette! That's a screw right?

Perhaps, but many car makers are increasing the HP available in many of their models and advertising this fact. I see HP mentioned in most car ads from pickups to mini vans.
And the high cost, high HP models seem to be selling quite well despite the costs for fuel and insurance. So someone is buying all these modern "muscle cars".
Oh, and manual transmissions are on their way out as the newer 8-10 speed auto transmissions can out shift and outrun their manual counterparts. As to rear wheel drive, I see that as being replaced by all-wheel drive in high HP cars.

I understand the new paddle shift auto cars are faster. My wife drives a 370z seven speed auto.
With only 332 horsepower. That thing is quick.

The clutch pedal is going the way of the Dodo. Even with the corvette. Over half of new Corvettes ordered are autos.
For me. It's enjoyable to keep a car around I can shift.

Not because it's the way of the future. But because of the connection to my past.
The new cars are great. I really like the new technology. But in order to be a time machine as well as a car. It needs a certain set up.;)

Last Edited:
From what I've read lately it seems the current crop of inner city street trash are pretty much incapable of using a stick shift....
....Thus making the manual transmission a sort of "twenty first century" theft and carjacking prevention system.

It may also be the first time that many of the current "Grand Theft Auto" generation comes face to face with the fact that ... "Just because you can "cyber-do something" doesn't mean you can "actual-do something".
Other things they may not know and (depending on the individual,) may never know:
1) cyber girls and real girls.... are NOT the same.
2)If you don't move yer fat lazy arse out of Mommy's basement and actually run around and DO things, all the chasing of goblins with an axe that you do for hours on end, isn't gonna save you from a coronary by age 41.

Don't be shiftless...learn to drive a performance car.......for real.

When I was 15 I was helping a farmer friend work on equipment in a field.
He told me to run back to the house, then drive back in the old Yellow truck with the tools in it.

I ran the 1/2 mile or so back to the farm house. Jumped in the truck. And could not figure out what I was looking at!

I ran back to Tom in the field and told him I could not figure out his truck.
''There is no clutch pedal. And only letters for selecting gears''?

He told me it doesn't need a clutch. Just put it in D for drive. And push the gas pedal!
I had my doubts. But ran back to the truck and did what Tom told me to do.

It was F---ing Magic!

Very nice Scvette! That's a screw right?

I understand the new paddle shift auto cars are faster. My wife drives a 370z seven speed auto.
With only 332 horsepower. That thing is quick.

The clutch pedal is going the way of the Dodo. Even with the corvette. Over half of new Corvettes ordered are autos.
For me. It's enjoyable to keep a car around I can shift.

Not because it's the way of the future. But because of the connection to my past.
The new cars are great. I really like the new technology. But in order to be a time machine as well as a car. It needs a certain set up.;)

Yes it is a twin screw,lots of instant torque,if I remember right it's mid 500 at 3600 RPMs. I see other than corvettes we have the same likes in dogs,here's mine.

Junolifevest.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads