JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regarding roughness of grips, I've come to like the Pachmeyer type grip sleeve for all but a few.
Last month I purchased them ($5/ea) in bulk to have spares on hand.

I procrastinated stipling some, but could not get beyond how melting the frame took toll on the strength and integrity.

I have a lot of people that hate my 1911's with the VZ grips. To them, they are sharp and painful with out gloves ( which I hate)
I love those grips, and if you have the correct grip on the frame I have never found them uncomfortable. I wish they made grips for other firearms, I would surely use them!

I have VZ grips on my SA champion operator lightweight and had them on my trophy match as well. The checkering on the front strap of the trophy was pretty aggressive and combined with the VZ grips, the wife hated it. She called it "prickly". LOL I loved it.

I use very aggressively checkered grips and many people dont like to shoot my pistols because of this. Some complain about gen4 Glock texture, but I wish it was rougher.

I love my Gen.4 G19 with the "fatty" back-strap w/beaver tail installed, which makes it about as thick (fore to back ) as my G30 (EDC) and more comfortable and it naturally points better (for me) than my wife's Gen.3 G19.

I too, don't think it's too aggressive and wouldn't mind all the texture "dots/knobbies" to be about twice as "tall" as they already are, but my hands are calloused up like turtle shells, so bring on the gripage!

:D

Regarding roughness of grips, I've come to like the Pachmeyer type grip sleeve for all but a few.
Last month I purchased them ($5/ea) in bulk to have spares on hand.

I procrastinated stipling some, but could not get beyond how melting the frame took toll on the strength and integrity.

I don't care for the looks of stippling, nor the degredation of melting/removing material from the frame.

I have VZ grips on my SA champion operator lightweight and had them on my trophy match as well. The checkering on the front strap of the trophy was pretty aggressive and combined with the VZ grips, the wife hated it. She called it "prickly". LOL I loved it.

I use VZ grips as well. I think my grip safety is the only thing on the handlw of my 1911 that isnt 25 LPI.

I love my Gen.4 G19 with the "fatty" back-strap w/beaver tail installed, which makes it about as thick (fore to back ) as my G30 (EDC) and more comfortable and it naturally points better (for me) than my wife's Gen.3 G19.

I too, don't think it's too aggressive and wouldn't mind all the texture "dots/knobbies" to be about twice as "tall" as they already are, but my hands are calloused up like turtle shells, so bring on the gripage!

:D
Invest in a grip sleeve by "Fixxxer"
Buy a fixxxer grip sleeve
I like them

Oh, ammonia to put them on

Stipling I could do well. I'd rather not mess with the injection molded molecules. Strength is within.
I also have a Fixxer Grip sleeve on my CZ. LOVE.....IT!!

I have seen quite a lot of folks smooth off the grips on there pistols and then apply some sort of textured material. Back when I was in my 20's with the skate board craze, I asked one of the kids what that neet grippy stuff on the skate boards was and where I could get it. Turns out this stuff is called GripTape, and can be made from crushed glass and in various grit sizes! I found one of those skate board shops and picked up a few pieces of that stuff in a few different colors. Man, that is some serious grip!!! I used it on a couple of .22 target rifles and it worked amazingly well! I'm pretty sure you can still get that tape and I would recommend it for any one who needed more then what the factory give or for things that the aftermarket hasn't addressed!

I use stair grip tape on my AR pistol grip, really helpful for one-hand reloading from the low ready position with slippery hands.
Coming to think of it, there's a well-worn strip of it on the front strap of my 1911, too.

I have also tried the epoxy and crushed glass trick on grips that have compound curves and odd shapes! It also works really well on the boat floors and gunnels! I may do that in the trucks steps too!

Talon makes a sandpaper or granulated grip tape that is much more aggressive than their rubberized tape, inexpensive and custom fit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top