JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's great ammo anyhow, and your other .45's will benefit. A lot of guys I know use it to qualify with and use on the job.

Some PR blabber: click here
Good write up, 230 grain Law Enforcement HST's for my .45's and 147 grain Law Enforcement HST's for 9mm... Come to think of it, HST's are all I carry...

On the web, Target sports USA (no spaces) out of Connecticut has the best prices on HST's...

I've run 230gr JHP CorBon and Hornady +p through my G30 w/nary an issue. ;)

The key is +P. Standard 230gr ammo can drop to as low as 650 fps out of a 3 inch barrel vs 850 fps using 185gr ammo. If a bullet is meant to open at speeds over 750 fps, there will be a downgrade in expansion.

If you are using +P, you can get more spin with higher fps. With all things being equal, more speed results in more spin. Thats why a 22-250 can stabilize a bullet with a 1 in 10 twist vs a 223 that requires a 1 in 8.

The key is +P. Standard 230gr ammo can drop to as low as 650 fps out of a 3 inch barrel vs 850 fps using 185gr ammo. If a bullet is meant to open at speeds over 750 fps, there will be a downgrade in expansion.

If you are using +P, you can get more spin with higher fps. With all things being equal, more speed results in more spin. Thats why a 22-250 can stabilize a bullet with a 1 in 10 twist vs a 223 that requires a 1 in 8.

No arguments from me whatsoever on your stats but I was referring to heavier "standard" loads not cycling a sub-compact as I (usually) run "vanilla" 230gr (FMJ/JHP/FNFMJ) in my G30 for target/training practice (because $1+ea. .45acp rounds are spendy) and the ONE malfunction I've ever had was a dud round from a box of.....(wait for it).... Winchester white-box (big shock).

I guess my point was that my G30 eats and shoots everything accurately that I've put on its plate, however it's a 10+ year old specimen and it's well and truly "broken in". I do (religiously) shoot up my spendy +p EDC rounds once a year though when I refresh my EDC mags with new stock. ;)

No arguments from me whatsoever on your stats but I was referring to heavier "standard" loads not cycling a sub-compact as I (usually) run "vanilla" 230gr (FMJ/JHP/FNFMJ) in my G30 for target/training practice (because $1+ea. .45acp rounds are spendy) and the ONE malfunction I've ever had was a dud round from a box of.....(wait for it).... Winchester white-box (big shock).

I guess my point was that my G30 eats and shoots everything accurately that I've put on its plate, however it's a 10+ year old specimen and it's well and truly "broken in". I do (religiously) shoot up my spendy +p EDC rounds once a year though when I refresh my EDC mags with new stock. ;)

Glocks are monotonously reliable!

Some of those shorty 45s do a lot better with lighter bullet weights. There are some defensive loads that are specific to short barrel 45s. Ive used 185gr loads in a Glock 30 with good results.

I carry speer gold dots in mine. 230 grain. Easy to shoot. I took an entire DH1 class using it once (used target hardball for that), slightly less accurate than my 1911s but still all in the A group.

Awww... Come on now, the XDs isn't that aggressive in the Grip Zone... Or perhaps mine is a bit defanged due to usage...

Some of us do not do hard work, though, and thus have very soft and delicate, lady-like hands. For us, having such aggressive and sharp texture on a grip can be quite painful.

What I normally recommend is getting Limbsaver's awesome grip sleeve. However, with XD pistols, it basically disables your grip safety. But for other compacts, it is an awesome accessory to install.

hangrungripglock-e1425580219586.jpg

DSC_4363n2.jpg

Oh geez... it looks like we have a few professional hand models around here. :rolleyes:o_O
:D

Your hand actually has tons of nerves going through it. It is very sensitive to pain.

I injured one of my fingers recently, and it was a painful experience, as it also became badly infected. My doctor told me that such pain was normal in the hand, because of the concentration of nerves. Anyway, if anyone wonders why I was not online and doing any typing for a couple of months, that was the reason. It really hurt a lot.

I took this photo shortly after my doctor cleaned out a bunch of pus.

DSC04150aaa.jpg

I see that was the wrong index finger!
I have a XDs 45 that I used to use for EDC with a RKBA pocket holster.. I just switched to a SA XD 45 Sub Compact Mod 2. I wanted more capacity to justify my inaccurate shooting, I find them both to make me look better than I am. I have a Recluse pocket holster for it as RKBA did not have one listed. A little harder to find holsters for a double stack 3.3 barrel.

Your hand actually has tons of nerves going through it. It is very sensitive to pain.

I injured one of my fingers recently, and it was a painful experience, as it also became badly infected. My doctor told me that such pain was normal in the hand, because of the concentration of nerves. Anyway, if anyone wonders why I was not online and doing any typing for a couple of months, that was the reason. It really hurt a lot.

I took this photo shortly after my doctor cleaned out a bunch of pus.

View attachment 290917

:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews