JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just noticed on the front page of the paper they are putting a Cabelas at Gateway mall in Springfield:s0155: I am pretty stoked about that! For a long time they have talked about putting one in Oregon, but this is the first solid evidence that they are doing that!

I hate to break it but the Metro area is not the center of the universe. makes alot more sence to put it in the Eugene are so people from places Bend, Roseburg, and Medford. can shop there too.

It's the center of my universe. Well the southwestern center. :D

Considering the mileage my vehicles get it's still cheaper to order online than to drive to one of their stores.

The store is 58,000 square feet which is less than half the size of the Cabela's I've been to. It does have a lot of the nice features like the gun gallery, fly shop and bargain room. Curious to see what it looks like.

I think that when the cashier asks you for your zip code, they are compiling data on how far people are willing to travel to get to their store. They must have figured out that enough Portlanders make the trip to Olympia (and pay sales tax), so they are willing drive 100 miles in the other direction and not pay sales tax. Oh well.

So Portlanders, here's an idea to get a Portland store faster...when asked for your zip code, give them the one where you are at the moment...the one for the store.

Yeah but being from OR you dont pay sales tax when you shop at the Lacey store. Everytime they have asked if I was from OR. I showed them my ID, they write the info down in the lil binder thing and no sales tax was charged.

The wife is a good sport for the first hour or two then for the next couple of hours she gets a lil testy sometimes lol. I am one of those guys that likes touching everything and checking everything out. Except at the shooting gallery she did better than me so she was gloating at that for awhile...

Springfield ?? WTH?, why?

Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of market research information and expert manipulation of GIS data, all boiling down to "it's in a central location and there aren't any real competitors around here."

They probably have a good idea how many items from each product category they carry will be sold to every census tract within fifty miles or more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top