JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Contact the seller and set up a date/time to meet.

1. Either reply directly on the "for sale" page that you are interested.
2. Or send the seller a private message (PM).
*click on the persons name. click on "start conversation". Enter subject line. Start asking questions and/or trading phone numbers to call.

Easy peasy. :s0155:

And welcome to NWFA. :)

Last Edited:
And if you want the gun be sure to call the ffl ahead of time, some are only doing personal party transfers by appointment.

Last Edited:
Welcome, everyone was new at some point.

As mentioned, contact the seller of items.

Firearms need to be transferred at a dealer, commonly referred to as an FFL.

FFL's charge a fee, on top of whatever state fee. Which party pays fees (buyer, seller, split etc) are agreed upon, either listed in the ad, or perhaps negotiated.

Which FFL to transfer at is up to the seller, normally one most convenient to them.

Note that handguns require transfer in THE BUYERS home state.

Be mindful as previously mentioned regarding COVID crud & contacting FFL's & such.

Some folks may choose to ship a firearm to an FFL, however most folks won't have any interest in doing so, and particularly not with new members.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Just in case this needs to be said. NWFA's only involvement in sales is to make sellers known to potential buyers. NWFA only provides the marketplace, if you will. After that, it's all up to the two parties involved. Once contact has been made between the two parties, sellers typically can coach a buyer through the process and the legalities.

I'm new to this site and I'm wounding what I have to do on my end to purchase a firearm on this site

Are you brand new to guns? I see you've shown interest in a Walther .22 from a member that lives in Monroe Washington. That's quite a drive from where you show living in Vancouver, isn't it? If you are new to firearms I'd think you might be more comfortable visiting some local gun shops where you can get some face to face service?

If you were to strike a deal with the seller of the Walther .22 you would, most likely, have to drive up to Monroe to meet the seller at a shop that would do the transfer. Or a private FFL holder. Etiquette normally dictates buyer goes to seller. Not a hard rule, just generally. I'm not sure if WA has a waiting period on handguns (someone fill me in?). That would complicate matters further considering the drive. Seller and buyer meet in the shop doing the transfer where the buyer fills out the forms. The FFL holder (Federal Firearms License) does a background check on the buyer. Buyer must have picture ID with current address. Then the FFL enters your info to the appropriate agencies (State Police/NICS (national Instant check system) and you wait while they check your back ground. Sometime there can be a wait of several days depending on how many checks are being run at the time.

It really is quite a process compared to what the main stream media would have people believe. Seems SOME want-to-be new gun owners have the belief that you just meet a guy in an alley, give them the money and walk away with a gun! Or better yet the belief that you hit up "Bob's Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Emporium" on line, put in a credit card number and have full automatic weapons of mass destruction delivered to the privacy of your own home!!

And finally welcome to NWFA! The more the merrier!

Hummm.....
Wanting to buy a firearm and don't know where/how to start?

KNOW thyself.

So.......1st off.....are you a "non-prohibited person"?

BTW......welcome.

Aloha, Mark

1) Have cash $
2) Understand the applicable federal and state laws regarding firearms purchases and possession.
3) Do NOT be a prohibited person per applicable laws.
4) Research which firearms you wish to purchase.
5) Find a for sale/trade ad for those firearms on this site.
6) Contact the seller and tell them you are interested in the firearm they have for sale and negotiate a sale. There are multiple threads on this site regarding the etiquette.
7) Follow the applicable laws for purchases and transfers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top