JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
“Unfortunately they are dominating the discussion right now,” she also conceded. “What’s really frightening is that it seems to work,” Burdick said. “Politicians back down just because they don’t want to take the harassment, and that’s what results in no change.”A question of intimidation: Oregon lawmaker vs gun rights extremists ? MSNBC

I was looking for some gun polls to post here and stumbled upon this. Notice they post that 57% want an AW/ban and 91% want universal bg check like it was a fact!
Burdick interview starts at 2:10

Yet the people are stupid enough to vote this gun graber in year after year.

Or at least they say these people were voted in. I don't buy it. The peoples votes count as much as those polls count with both msnbc & fox news showing that 91% of people want universal background checks. yeah right. All government controlled media is on the same page & they're not afraid to show it when its something the government will make happen whether anyone likes it or not.

If we were sitting in china we would hear US government state controlled media (insert name here) msnbc, fox, cnn etc.. while watching tv. No differently than we hear here while watching tv when they say Chinese government state controlled media (insert name here) Xinhua, CCTV, People's Daily etc...

The government controlled media in china is based on the same model as ours, they have a more left leaning network & a more conservative leaning network all within their 'government controlled media'. Each specific one panders to a particular base in country. keeping everyone passive & obedient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_7zkK6XzmE

Pay attention to this line from the horses a.., I mean mouth! We may be winning.

"Unfortunately they are dominating the discussion right now," she also conceded. "What's really frightening is that it seems to work," Burdick said. "Politicians back down just because they don't want to take the harassment, and that's what results in no change.

I'm not advocating stalking her but she's afraid to have an honest 2way debate right now. We have them on the run a little bit and have to keep on them with calls, Emails, letters to the editors of their newspapers etc. Also make it a point to at least plant the seed of doubt in the minds of your lib friends and co-workers. Lets keep going!

God that woman is a nut. Politicians are backing down because they don't want harassment ? This is the problem with these people. She is so out of touch it infuriates me.

She is suppose to be a representative ! Both Washington and Oregon need a part / part time legislative session, something like every 3 years.

We also need term limits, these folks can be elected for ONE term, then never work in government again.

I'm so tired of these bubblegums.

The thing is that we are making headway...Now we have to get the fact that we are the majority out there. No majority wants any of the things they are proposing. Maybe for a minute, after SH, but then everyone saw what they were trying to do.

Once we cant get the rest of the people to realize that any poll saying that there is a majority that want any further control, this current push will be stopped dead

Sadly they will always try again.

Wasn't the evil NRA it was they people, they spoke and the politician s listened....sort of. Gun owners didn't go out starting riots, they didn't protest illegally, and they didn't threaten anyone I am unbelievably proud to be apart of such an awesome group of people.

That's why I couldn't remember the name of the bill---the provision to legalize propaganda is tucked in with all the other awesome stuff the NDAA brings.

NDAA Legalizes Propaganda - Business Insider

"If the NDAA goes into effect in its current form, the State Department and Pentagon can go beyond manipulating mainstream media outlets and directly disseminate campaigns of misinformation to the U.S. public"Eric Holder 1995 Interview - Gun Control - "We Must Brainwash People Against Guns" - YouTube
More on their efforts:
Smith-Mundt reform: In with a whimper? : Columbia Journalism Review

Since the current crop of mainstream media sources have chosen to advocate for policy, and broadly support one side of the political spectrum, this isn't really necessary ATM.

But I am sure misters holder and obama are glad they have it, just in case those with the mics and cameras turn against them.

Those of you who are writing and calling your legislators, keep it up. This is far from over on the federal or state level. Looks like Universal Background Check legislation has a full head of steam. Some of the ways I can see to take the teeth out of it are: to lobby for no registration component, no retention of paperwork by the seller (i.e., forms are handed back to the seller after the check is completed), and no fee.

At least she admitted what we all knew, which was that she lied about why she cancelled the town hall. Of course she lied again by saying that it was because she didn't want to subject the students to the dangerous gun people, but that is normal politician behavior. Cover one lie with another. She should have told the truth, which was that she didn't want to take the heat from her constituents about her crazy gun-grabbing ideas.

Wait, so the several thousand, if not 10s of thousands of people all over the country who have shown up on their state capitals to show their support for the 2nd amendment are nuts? But the 99% protests which have gone on for a few years are OK?

It is called the 1st amendment people. Of course, people get scared when you excise the 1st and the 2nd together. Which is exactly WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED TO DO! There were a thousand or so people at the Oregon capital at the big pro-gun rally right? And what, 10 people showed up in Eugene's anti-gun rally?

Who voted for this person? And why the hell did she make it to national TV. And using the killing of a young Chicago (Gun ban city) child as your lead in? WTF!

"and using the killing of a young Chicago (Gun ban city) child as your lead in? WTF!"
I told you all to start at 2:10! What else did you expect from Mr. Poverty Pimp?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top