JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it me or do all these bullpup guns always seem to hover around the 2K price point? My Geissele AR pistol was about that much, but the triggers in those guns are real nice, which contrasts bullpup rifles that often have mushy triggers from my experience. Interesting gun though.
I think there are several factors for this:
  • Smaller market segment leading to less economy of scale
  • Fewer sales also mean less profit to cover R&D costs
  • Challenges inherant to the layout, like those mushy triggers caused by linkages back to the hammer, how to create an ergonomic bolt release, charging handle mechanism, etc.

I think there are several factors for this:
  • Smaller market segment leading to less economy of scale
  • Fewer sales also mean less profit to cover R&D costs
  • Challenges inherant to the layout, like those mushy triggers caused by linkages back to the hammer, how to create an ergonomic bolt release, charging handle mechanism, etc.
Makes sense. I can't imagine them selling out like the AR rifles lol

Is it me or do all these bullpup guns always seem to hover around the 2K price point? My Geissele AR pistol was about that much, but the triggers in those guns are real nice, which contrasts bullpup rifles that often have mushy triggers from my experience. Interesting gun though.
Some of the earlier bullpups had long pushbar linkages between the trigger and the sears/etc., which made them soft and "mushy". The worst were often the conversions from an existing conventional rifle to a bullpup (e.g., the Mossberg 500 bullpup). Those that have a direct connection between the trigger lever and the sear are usually not bad, or can be made better just as easily as an AR.

I dare say that when Geissele makes an AR, they probably make one with a nice trigger in it because they make nice triggers for sale for ARs and other rifles (including bullpups like the Tavor).

The AWC G2A (M1A bullpup conversion) I once owned had a cable linkage that used a bellcrank at each end, and the trigger was a nice trigger for an M1A.

My main objection to most bullpups is some of the ergos; e.g., the mag hanging down combined with the high sight line, and the mag insertion on some can be awkward. Surprisingly, I found the ergos of the PS90 to be not bad at all, even though I expected it to not be good.

OTOH, I do really like the balance and quick handling when shooting.

Only bullpup in my collection, the FS2000. That's where I'd like to at least try the Hellion for comparison.

20160507_013840.jpg

First SW copies Keltec, now Springfield?

SW F'd up their KSG clone with weak barrels…

Maybe Springfield will do better copying Keltecs RDB.

Im curious if it's just another imported gun like their pistols or if they will make this in the states.
Well, no. Springfield has nothing to do with the VHS-2 beyond importing it, and unlike the Kel Tec this has been made for the Croatian military.

I wanted one for a while, before a lot of people even knew of them. Only thing that pisses me off is that they chose now of all times to bring them in, and you end up needing to spend over $3k for a gun that has a slightly lower than $2k msrp.

Skip the first 15 minutes of mostly blather and ignore the Biden like speaking into a small megaphone at times. The review is pretty objective with pros and cons, the biggest con being weight at over 8 lbs w/o optic or mag,

Skip the first 15 minutes of mostly blather and ignore the Biden like speaking into a small megaphone at times. The review is pretty objective with pros and cons, the biggest con being weight at over 8 lbs w/o optic or mag,
I have gotten to the point where I don't watch his vids anymore; I get bored with the blather about unrelated crap and tune out.

Give me Gun Jesus and his cohorts.

I have gotten to the point where I don't watch his vids anymore; I get bored with the blather about unrelated crap and tune out.

Give me Gun Jesus and his cohorts.
Same here, I just skip along util he gets to the meat. I do think he makes some pretty good observations, good and bad, about the Hellion.

The "Hell" in Hellion?
The ammo experts are correct, the slower burn combined with the back pressure is what's causing the over flash back through the ejection port! We saw this happen a lot when we started running the really short carbines suppressed! I don't think there is anything wrong with the Springfield, just an ammo issue that seems to be sensitive in this particular design, likely from it's feed design!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top