JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New boy here. Am enjoying the entire site but I have a question.

I no longer reload but have enough bullets, powder and new primed brass for +/- 500 rds. of .45 ACP with some left over.

Is it reasonable that I could find someone reliable to load these for me? Payment for labor, of course. Also may have reloading trade goods.

Am I better off to just unload all my supplies and buy factory ammo?

Thanks for any input.

45ACP is at a premium for components; I think you should find a friend to 'loan' you time to load what you have now.
Factory ammo will cost much $$more.
Or you could offload the components, but you're not going to get top money for it. Good Luck

I would be happy to share the bounty with someone in return for them loading. I just don't know anyone who shoots a 45. I have been completely away from the shooting sports for 10+ years and now only know a couple of plinkers. I am open to additional suggestions. Thanks!!

Bill,

Welcome to the board.

Some issues creep up when it comes to loading ammo, most notable of these is liability. Without too much trouble you should be able to find someone who will load your ammo for you, however the question is how much do you trust them. The next issue, is anyone you are paying for this service must be a type 06 FFL at a minimum, otherwise they are breaking the law. Because all of the components are yours, you, nor the person you have load it will have to pay excise tax, however I suggest finding a friend who has loading equipment he is willing to loan you. Or making a friend who will load for you.

If you are thinking of getting back into shooting .45, you may just want to purchase your own loading gear. While this is an expensive step, you already have a down payment on your first batch of components. Even if you bought a cheap lee reloader (lee's cheapest of the cheap presses) and a set of decent redding or RCBS dies and a used scale, you won't be out much more than $100. Granted, without some of the extras reloading will be slow, but it will at least get you going.

I hope that helps. Just an FYI, any commercial loader who is worth his salt, may be more expensive than it's worth, and anyone cheaper, may not be safe.

Bill,

Welcome to the board.

Some issues creep up when it comes to loading ammo, most notable of these is liability. Without too much trouble you should be able to find someone who will load your ammo for you, however the question is how much do you trust them. The next issue, is anyone you are paying for this service must be a type 06 FFL at a minimum, otherwise they are breaking the law. Because all of the components are yours, you, nor the person you have load it will have to pay excise tax, however I suggest finding a friend who has loading equipment he is willing to loan you. Or making a friend who will load for you.

If you are thinking of getting back into shooting .45, you may just want to purchase your own loading gear. While this is an expensive step, you already have a down payment on your first batch of components. Even if you bought a cheap lee reloader (lee's cheapest of the cheap presses) and a set of decent redding or RCBS dies and a used scale, you won't be out much more than $100. Granted, without some of the extras reloading will be slow, but it will at least get you going.

I hope that helps. Just an FYI, any commercial loader who is worth his salt, may be more expensive than it's worth, and anyone cheaper, may not be safe.

Thanks for the input. I do have complete reloading equipment; press, 45 ACP dies, powder measures and scales etc. as I used to do a fair amount of reloading, all years ago. Not really interested in taking it up again. Maybe I'll just get a table at an upcoming WAC show and unload (pun intended?) the parts. Thanks!

Be careful of turning someone else into an ammunition manufacturer. But if someone will let you use their equipment that's fine. Or if you jointly load and share the loaded ammo that's also fine. If that doesn't work, I'd really unload the components for a fair price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top