JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im confused, even with the UT permit you have to still get a WA permit?
Is there a specific WA law that says this?
Axe

This is the case for WA residents. They will need a WA CPL to renew/obtain their permit because of a change in UT laws. For non-residents, WA honors a UT permit.

RCW 9.41.073: Concealed pistol license
RCW 9.41.073Concealed pistol license — Reciprocity.

(1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

(i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

(ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

(b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

(2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.

[2004 c 148 § 1.]

I'm not one for more goverment or big goverment intervention in most cases. That being said, I kind of wish there was 1 nationwide permit I could apply for through the FBI or some national governing agency. Even if it cost a little more then an individual state permit, or I have to provide character references (oh wait, Oregon requires those anyways) I have nothing to hide and would welcome the the reduced headache. States could keep there "individual" licenses (for a cheaper cost then nation), but, I occasionally travel to other states and would rather not have to deal with all the BS involved in getting the proper 3 3/8" x 2 1/8 " plastic card saying I can carry a gun how I want.

I'm not one for more goverment or big goverment intervention in most cases. That being said, I kind of wish there was 1 nationwide permit I could apply for through the FBI or some national governing agency. Even if it cost a little more then an individual state permit, or I have to provide character references (oh wait, Oregon requires those anyways) I have nothing to hide and would welcome the the reduced headache. States could keep there "individual" licenses (for a cheaper cost then nation), but, I occasionally travel to other states and would rather not have to deal with all the BS involved in getting the proper 3 3/8" x 2 1/8 " plastic card saying I can carry a gun how I want.

What he said.

Already exists...cost is kind of steep..10 years in Law Enforcement, then annual training to renew.

The best would be that all states just abided the constitution and did not restrict the "Right to bear arms"...you cannot license a "right"...if you license a "right" it is no longer a right, but becomes a privilage.

Im confused, even with the UT permit you have to still get a WA permit?
Is there a specific WA law that says this?
Axe

No, it's the Utah permit requirement. You have to have your home state permit first, then you can get the UT one. They changed the requirements last session.

Hey Deen, sorry about the old post bump.
How strong a justification does Multnomah require?

Otherwise, (to all on the forum) which county is currently a good one to get a CHL through (as an out-of-state resident)? I have called a number of them today, and they seem to think that you must own property, have a business, or something similar. Bah Humbug!

Thanks,

Mike
When I renewed my license in Mult Co they didn't require the letter. That was a couple years ago though.

Now did his daddy just tell him when he was a lil' whipper snapper he would be a sheriff?

You're kidding,Pat Garrett?

Oye vey

And I kinda gave up on most of the sheriffs giving us permits.
But thanks for asking about it for us (or to see what kind of guy he was)

Not that I post often, but it would be fun for you to post your name so I can laugh at yours too. Garrett is a decent man.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top