JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well it finally came in today my FX Boss 30.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with FX they are a high end PCP airgun made in Sweden.
The Boss 30 shoots a .303 pellet weighing 45 or 50gr at 850-900fps for about 78-80 ft/lbs of energy.
It has a nine shot magazine and can fire 40 full power shots per charge.
I was only able to get about 40 shots off before it got to dark but it looks like a tack driver.

22 cal pellet by the .303

DSCN0131.jpg DSCN0135.jpg

Wow, what a monster. Must be fun to shoot. Is it loud? How about recoil? And the scope - did that come with it? How's the quality?

Its not that loud.sounds like a nail gun.recoil is about the same as a 22lr maybe less.
the scope is a Hawk 8-32 that i hade laying around i will probably end up with a 4-16 on it.
Quality is top notch.These are very $$$ but you get what you pay for.
The rifle should be able to hold a 1moa group out to 100 yards if i do my part.
last night i shot at 50 yards. 8 pellets went into a .525 group with 1 flyer that was about a 1\4 inch off

here is a photo of todays best 5 shot group
from what I can tell its about .350 center to center

DSCN0139.jpg

That is pretty sweet. Some time ago I watched a youtoob video of a Swede, in Sweden, shooting a Swedish PCP repeater rifle at game in the snow. It seemed to be very effective and the cycling of the bolt just sounded like it was very well made.
It's surprising how expensive high-end lead round balls are, just as an aside..
I guess a .303 ball would weigh very close to 42 grains.
Oh, that looks like some nice wood. like

OK I'll ask the question - what did that cost you (Ballpark figure is fine), were did you get it and were did you get pellets for it?

Had to edit to also ask what pellets and pressure you running to get the results that you are getting?

OK I'll ask the question - what did that cost you (Ballpark figure is fine), were did you get it and were did you get pellets for it?

Had to edit to also ask what pellets and pressure you running to get the results that you are getting?

I bought the gun from Airguns of Arizona.It was a little over 2k.There are a 1/2 dozon or so online stores that sell FX and other higher end airgus.
Same go's for pellets.Right know only JSB makes pellets for the 30cal.
they are about $15 for a tin of 150.but if you by a lot they will give you a better price.

The gun can be filled to 250bar( 3650 psi ) but its regulated to shoot at 160bar( 2300psi )
with the 44.75gr pellets its shooting 890fps +/-5 fps
I can get 40 or so full power shots before going below 160

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews