JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats awesome... I will purchase a copy

Thanks!

You might want to hold off a bit--I've got a message into the mods about signing up again as a Supporting Vendor, or whatever it's called. If we can get that set up, I'll arrange for a discount code for the Northwest Firearms forum, and share it in this thread. Should know within the next day or so, I expect, depends on how quick the mods get back to me.

--Andrew

OK, I've paid to be a Vendor Supporter, or whatever it's called, for the next year, so I'm going to presume it's OK to share a discount code here for Law of Self Defense products and services.

Hmmm, let's call the discount code NORTHWEST. It can be applied at checkout at our website, www.lawofselfdefense.com. (NOTE: This coupon will NOT work at Amazon, NRA Store, Gun Digest, or anybody else who resells our stuff. They do their own coupons.)

The discount code NORTHWEST will be good for 20% off everything at Law of Self Defense.

If you're interested in our just updated book, launched last week, already a best-seller on Amazon, "The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition," it'll basically give you free shipping: www.lawofselfdefense.com/book

If you're interested in one of our upcoming state-specific Law of Self Defense Seminars in the northwest, it'll save you $30-$60, depending on what options you choose.

We have seminars coming up at Threat Dynamics outside Portland OR on August 13, 2016 and February 11, 2017. Those classes cover BOTH Oregon and Washington self-defense law, and also offer an optional SIMULATOR MODULE after the classroom work, where you have to "solve" the simulator problem, then articulate to the class the legal justification for your use-of-force decisions. Most students tell us that's their favorite part of the day.

If any of you are firearms instructors or gun stores or whoever that would like to know how to host a state-specific Law of Self Defense Seminar, simply click here. One key part about being a host: Not only does it not COST you anything, most hosts make close to $1,000 in revenue share.

If you're interested in our Instructor Program, a law school-level education in self-defense law, intended only for serious firearms and self-defense instructors, it'll save you $200.

We usually leave the discount codes up for a month or so. Make your purchase (or not purchase) decisions accordingly. :)

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

Last Edited:
Anyone who has decided they are willing to be their own first responder and has made the decision to use deadly force if necessary to protect innocent life, should absolutely, positively read this book! You can have all the training in the world, along with the right mindset and best gear ... but if you don't have a very thorough grasp of self defense law ... you are not well armed. Buy it. Read it. Twice.

You bet Andrew .... your book and seminars took my personal understanding of the topic and ability teach on the subject to new levels .... I quote your work and recommend your book during every class ...
Or you could buy TWO, and read each one ONCE, for the same effect and less wear per book. Just saying. :)

Thanks for the kind words, orygunmike, much appreciated.

Coming back to Oregon anytime soon?

Yep, check my signature, I'll be back at Threat Dynamics on August 13, then again the next February--looks like I'll be doing two seminars a year there on a regular basis. As usual, those classes will cover BOTH Oregon and Washington self-defense law.

We've also added a new optional simulator module you might take a look at. You have to "solve" the simulator problem, then explain the legal rationale behind your use-of-force decisions, in a kind of collective legal de-brief. Students are loving it. Folks who have taken the seminar in the past, before we had the simulator module, can sign up for just the simulator module on a space-available basis.

We're also strongly considering doing a Level II seminar, where we take the most relevant self-defense court decisions and step through them in detail. Having previously attended the current Level I seminar would be an absolute pre-requisite for the Level II course, however, otherwise you won't know what the heck we're talking about. The Level II class will spend maybe an hour in review of the Level I concepts, then dive into the case law. After all, it's in court where the rubber meets the road. :)

Haha, a funny and very kind review of "The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition" by Sean Sorrentino, host of the GunBlog VarietyCast (great gun podcast, by the way, highly recommended):

This is a dangerous book.
This is a dangerous book. If you read this book you will know the law. Oh, sure, you think you know the law now. But you don't. You "know" a bunch of rumors, old wives' tales, and the sort of gun counter gossip that will get you thrown in prison for the rest of your life. But what you don't know is the law. If you read this book you will know the law. That's valuable, if you ever get involved in a situation where you need to use force to defend yourself. Even if it's just "reasonable" force, not "deadly" force, you'll know all the laws involved, probably better than the cops who show up after it's all over. But there's a hidden danger. There's a serious problem with losing your ignorance. The ignorance of everyone else will drive you insane. People will tell you the most insane, and silly, and ridiculous things. And because you've read this book, you'll know the law and you'll know why the things these people tell you are completely wrong. It will hurt your brain.​

Click here to see the original review over at Amazon.com.

Just got the book yesterday and read it in one sitting. It is a must have for any gun owner, especially those of us who conceal carry. I've done a lot of due diligence since I got my ccw 10 years ago, researching what exactly are the laws (self-defense and any and all laws and issues related to ccw) as I have worked different security jobs over the years, armed and unarmed. So while not completely new to the concepts in the book, (but certainly not an expert like Mr. Branca, Mr. Ayoob, et al) it is the best presented and succinct source of information I have yet seen, and that makes it indispensable. It really helps clear up popular misconceptions about almost any aspect of self-defense and the respective laws, so people can stop speculating about rumors and myths and get real answers and information.
So if you want to cut through trying to discern facts from well-intended but mostly uninformed or incomplete opinions on the internet, or wrestling with the tomes of revised statutes for each state, and get down to brass tacks, get the book, read it, practice it, read it again, and be empowered and smart instead of wondering if you're being empowered and smart.

On the subject of one of the main principles of a positive self-defense case (and just plain good ol' self-defense in general), Avoidance, I suggest this book that really augments this issue into a tangible skill: "Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps' Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your life" by Patrick Van Horne and Jason A. Reilly. It gives you a very practical way to develop situational awareness, and how to employ the 'zero risk' practice of the best kind of gun fight: the one you don't get into.
https://www.amazon.com/Left-Bang-Marine-Combat-Program-ebook/dp/B00L45NXF4

Last Edited:
Just got the book yesterday and read it in one sitting. It is a must have for any gun owner, especially those of us who conceal carry.

Wow, thanks for the kind words, OutlawHoss. You might also consider our upcoming seminar at Threat Dynamics outside Portland on August 13 (see link in my signature).

I'll also check out the book you suggested, "Left of Bang," sounds interesting.

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top