JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like they may just work is some situations. Since voters have for so long decided they want the mentally ill to roam free there has been many police shootings of them. Often its someone who wants Cops to shoot them. If this prevents a few of those without the Cops being harmed? Hell why not.
If they do start to actually work you can count on the press to start claiming there is something wrong with them and they need to be taken away. First one who gets hurt with one lawyers will line up to sue the Police and the people who make it.

To be fair, I watched 3 of the bodycam videos and all three were mentally compromised individuals. Seems a little distasteful to promote your product with a video of someone in crisis.

That said, the thing was pretty effective in the videos that they published. It may have a future.

To be fair, I watched 3 of the bodycam videos and all three were mentally compromised individuals. Seems a little distasteful to promote your product with a video of someone in crisis.

That said, the thing was pretty effective in the videos that they published. It may have a future.
Those are exactly what they need these for. The Cops keep ending up in a situation where someone with extreme mental health issues is refusing to be taken. Often these kooks are taking street drugs on top of an already scrambled brain. So here come Cops, these Kooks often want to fight. If the Cops shoot one of them, who are often brandishing a weapon begging to be shot, here come the crowds to riot. If the Cops managed to beat them into submission, which is often amazingly hard to do, again we get wall to wall pictures of what the Cops did to this poor person who had mental health issues. Often here come lawyers wanting to sue. So if they can wrap one of them up like this? Hell it will be fantastic. It will be so great the media will start trying to demonize them just like they did the Taser. Voters have long decided they want the kooks, who are often quite dangerous, to be allowed to roam free. Then they call the Cops on them, waiting for the Cops to hurt one so they can film it and complain.

I want to say I think we should stop completely sterilizing what people see. Those vids are showing the sadness of people in mental crisis. Something that can't really be described without seeing it in person. Life isn't always Beer & Skittles. How can people truly appreciate beauty if they are constantly kept from seeing the ugly in our world?

Those are exactly what they need these for. The Cops keep ending up in a situation where someone with extreme mental health issues is refusing to be taken. Often these kooks are taking street drugs on top of an already scrambled brain. So here come Cops, these Kooks often want to fight. If the Cops shoot one of them, who are often brandishing a weapon begging to be shot, here come the crowds to riot. If the Cops managed to beat them into submission, which is often amazingly hard to do, again we get wall to wall pictures of what the Cops did to this poor person who had mental health issues. Often here come lawyers wanting to sue. So if they can wrap one of them up like this? Hell it will be fantastic. It will be so great the media will start trying to demonize them just like they did the Taser. Voters have long decided they want the kooks, who are often quite dangerous, to be allowed to roam free. Then they call the Cops on them, waiting for the Cops to hurt one so they can film it and complain.
I want to say I think we should stop completely sterilizing what people see. Those vids are showing the sadness of people in mental crisis. Something that can't really be described without seeing it in person. Life isn't always Beer & Skittles. How can people truly appreciate beauty if they are constantly kept from seeing the ugly in our world?
I totally get it. I just also get why some people think it's a little out of bounds to show real video of suicidal people in your ads. It didn't bother me to watch that, but if it had been a friend or relative in one of those videos it probably would have.

If they were to get approval from the subject, or better an endorsement, it might put it in an entirely different light.

I totally get it. I just also get why some people think it's a little out of bounds to show real video of suicidal people in your ads. It didn't bother me to watch that, but if it had been a friend or relative in one of those videos it probably would have.

If they were to get approval from the subject, or better an endorsement, it might put it in an entirely different light.
I was under the impression those ads were going out to law enforcement types? Not the general public. Faces were blurred.

I'm one that wants the choice to see the ugly. I can look the other way if I need to. And I do sometimes. It seems the last couple of generations are turning more and more into too sensitive little pusses. I'm not saying NO lines should be drawn.
Something that comes to mind now. The documentaries that have footage of the horrors of war. You know what I'm talking about. Do they show those films in high school? Bet not, for fear of hurting those little feelings.

No judgements here as anything that can help the police better deal is encouraged, but I'll wait for the machine gun version to slow down Antifa rioters before I get all excited and start to cheer.

I like the idea of options...and for law enforcement to be effective...options are a good thing

With that said...
Law enforcement also seems burdened with a lot "stuff" that they need to carry.
This could just be one more thing that they have to lug around and not get used...or have something else mistaken for it and be used instead...

Again I like the idea and the use of options...Just wondering one part of the everyday practical aspect of it.
Andy

I was under the impression those ads were going out to law enforcement types? Not the general public. Faces were blurred.

I'm one that wants the choice to see the ugly. I can look the other way if I need to. And I do sometimes. It seems the last couple of generations are turning more and more into too sensitive little pusses. I'm not saying NO lines should be drawn.
Something that comes to mind now. The documentaries that have footage of the horrors of war. You know what I'm talking about. Do they show those films in high school? Bet not, for fear of hurting those little feelings.
I wasn't trying to be puss, and I don't want it censored. I'm not even offended by the ad, I just said I understand how some people wouldn't like it. And to be clear, the videos are on their YT channel for everyone to see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top