JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like it'll also pulverize a few hearts..

upload_2017-2-24_4-24-47.jpeg

lol
didn't click

Yeah well don't hold your breath on getting plate any time soon
If you read the article,I'm guessing that shnit is very ex$pen$ive

Like any "new tech", it would take a long while for "everyman prices".

Something like this I could see being able to get personal armor made at a reasonable price, in say 25 years...provided it does prove to work, and would be legal for private citizens to own it.

How exactly does foam armor pulverize anything?

And, You wonder why we suffer from fake news.

"And on impact, their foam smashed the bullet into powder."
Does it just fall on the bullets to do that?
Is it mechanized - like a Boston Dynamics' Alpha Dog?
Are there micro-robots ripping the projectile apart?

My guess is that like my MSR it does not do anything.

I'd guess that like when you shoot a steel plate,
View attachment 344988
the armor resists, passively, and the energy from the bullet causes it to dissipate into tiny pieces as if it were a frangible bullet.

Sorry, I must be in a mood since I didn't get a snow day today.

ooooh, coool +1

I've heard of and seen nanotube (small giggity) armor on youtube. didn't really watch it but it seemed to work.
However, I read and saw years ago that the carbon tubes are so small they may well pose inhalation damage as once a "chain" is broken, they/it becomes very easily airborne for a very long time.. as it's friable and very small. It's so new that perhaps it may turn out being many times more dangerous than asbestos.. we don't know yet.
Me, I don't think I'd wear a shirt out of carbon nanotubes for a while yet. It might rub my one chest hair off too so hey, there's that too.

That spelling ( with a "D" ) might give the phrase " My Precious " a whole new meaning ...:eek::D
Andy
With the set up I gave you I knew you would run with it, I just didn't know I'd be mentally scared afterwards... :eek:

:p

That said you reminded me of something, I'll try to find it to post in the "goofy humor" thread.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews