JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bersa has been promising introduction of a new 9mm/.40 S&W concealed carry gun into the US market for almost two years, but were held up by government red tape until last month. Good for us, since the delay gave Bersa, HQ'd in Argentina, the chance to sell them in their home market and work out all the bugs. They finally got the green light from the feds last month and brought in an initial shipment of 400 pistols. They were gone from Davidsons and Buds and everywhere else in a few hours, but I managed to snare one into layaway on Buds before they were gone. I just got it in over the weekend and I'm amazed.

I got the BP9CC, the 9mm version. This thing's slide is machined externally and internally as well as any Glock, Springfield XD, or other leading polymer weapon I've had and the polymer frame and slide to frane fit is equally as good. It's tennifer coated ala Glocks and the matte finish is smooth and free of any imperfections/blemishes. It's striker-fired, 8+1 capacity, 21.5 oz, and only .94" wide. It's DAO with a short reset trigger whose reset is as short or shorter than the short reset trigger on the Sig P220 Carry I had and sold to get a Sig 1911 recently.

I took it home, field stripped it, cleaned the shipping grease off it, lubed it, and took it to the range. I ran 300 rounds through it without a single hitch. Sights are also great on it. Three-dot sights with the front and rear sights both dovetailed into the slide. Bersa alao gave a lot of thought to letting owners customize the sights. The front sight is interchangeable with Sig sights and the rear sight is interchangeable with Glock sights. Take down is basically release the striker, drop the mag, align two witness marks, pop out the slide release, and open her up. It also comes with a polygonally rifled barrel and is accurate enough with its 3.3" barrel for me to easily shoot center mass at 50 feet the first time out. Should be better now that I've got a feel for it. The only negative thing I see is that the trigger's mildly gritty, but my experience with most striker-fired guns is that they start out that way but quickly smooth out with a little range time or dry firing with snap caps it's already better after my first range trip. And I'm not saying all striker-fired pistols start out gritty. I had a Kahr PM40 whose trigger was silky smooth out of the box and I know the new Diamondback DB9s seem similar. I'm just waiting to see if it improves like I think it will. If not, I know what to do to improve it.

Dimensions are 6.35" long by 4.8" high by .94" thin. Not a pocket gun, but disappears completely with a decent IWB holster. There are several holsters already out and more in the pipeline.

Warranty is lifetime for the original owner. Bersa has several long-established warranty centers in the US and their reputation for customer service is good. I had a Bersa Ultra Compact .40 as one of my first guns and they took good care of me when my friend dropped it and bent the front sight. And I did my part by never letting my friend handle my guns after that.

And I forgot perhaps the best part. The little bugger cost me a grand total of $336 from Buds (free shipping) plus the $20 FFL transfer fee. Best bargain I've gotten in a long, long time.

I'll take some pics of mine and post them tonight. In the meantime, here's the link from the Bersa website for those interested.

<broken link removed>

This isn't my pic, but it gives you a good look at the size of the Bersa BP9CC relative to a Kel-Tec PF-9. Fairly good quality, too, so you can enlarge it to get a better look at the grip, trigger, slide, etc. cc903864-efbd-60b7.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top