JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, after a little warranty work by Savage, I got to try out my new 10FCP-SR at Douglas Ridge last night. One thing that became apparent is that I need to adjust the length of pull which is why the scope is all the way forward on the rail.

On a similar rifle I used a 1" slip-on which worked OK. I would like to find a more permanent solution for this rifle. I do not want to change the stock.

The optic is a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP MIL/MIL with a GG&G mount

The recoil pad fits inside the hollow stock. I would either like to find a similar style spacer or if there is such a thing, an adjustable insert.

Can anybody point me at a product?

IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Nice Rifle I was just looking at them,I would love that rifle in left hand with a 20" barrel.
Not sure whats the best way to change the length of pull maybe the guys on the savage forum would have an idea.

He friend has the 20 which is why I bought this. Nice gun but it has limitations. He put a Sightron II 6X24X50 on thinking that would make it a 1000 yard gun.

I wanted the longer threaded barrel for the longer range. I will be using a suppressor once the ATF gets done with the paper work, hence the threaded end.

We have noticed some other differences too that I can only attribute to barrel length. We split a 1000 rounds of white box 308 ammo 145 grain. The accuracy at 100 yards out of our shorter barreled guns is pathetic; dinner plate sized groups. (Mine was Gunsite Scout) Out of the longer barrel, much better performance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top