JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Archangel stock conversion is neat in concept, but for me the whole idea of a take down 22lr is of limited use. Maybe I am missing something though. What are the applications for those that use them?

The Archangel stock conversion is neat in concept, but for me the whole idea of a take down 22lr is of limited use. Maybe I am missing something though. What are the applications for those that use them?

Truck gun
Pack gun

Any application that benefits from a shorter package. Yes, a folding stock makes a rifle shorter, but not as short as a take-down.

If someone came out with a lightweight bullpup stock that maintained the accuracy, had a decent trigger and ease of field stripping, and didn't cost more than $200, then I would probably buy one of those - I like bullpups. But every 10/22 bullpup either sucks (e.g., Muzzlllite) or is too heavy and costly.

I like my .22 rimfires to be light, compact and accurate. When they are, I am more likely to take them along with me when I go out into the woods, whether I have a centerfire or not.

Truck gun
Pack gun

Any application that benefits from a shorter package. Yes, a folding stock makes a rifle shorter, but not as short as a take-down.

If someone came out with a lightweight bullpup stock that maintained the accuracy, had a decent trigger and ease of field stripping, and didn't cost more than $200, then I would probably buy one of those - I like bullpups. But every 10/22 bullpup either sucks (e.g., Muzzlllite) or is too heavy and costly.

I like my .22 rimfires to be light, compact and accurate. When they are, I am more likely to take them along with me when I go out into the woods, whether I have a centerfire or not.
A bullpup like the AUG is a nice truck gun if it wasn't for cost. Its already as short as a rifle with the stock folded, but when you take the barrel out its even shorter. I only wish there was a .308 version.

0FB4D3FC-6D01-4BC2-9399-DDCDF414B8BC.jpeg FCEB5B3D-EE93-4214-B1A3-93900B5C3BC2.jpeg

For a truck gun I would want a bit more energy than a 22lr. For a pack gun, a 22 would only be grouse gun for me and this is a role my charger or a 22/45 fills nicely. I guess we just have different m.o.'s and I am glad the industry is filling these niches.

For a truck gun I would want a bit more energy than a 22lr. For a pack gun, a 22 would only be grouse gun for me and this is a role my charger or a 22/45 fills nicely. I guess we just have different m.o.'s and I am glad the industry is filling these niches.

The Charger with a folding 'arm-brace' would be good. I have been thinking about getting or building one.

I have more .22 rimfires than any other caliber. 10/22s, a 'Pack Rifle' takedown weighing less than one pound (15 ounces), an M6 Scout, pistols and so on. I like .22 rimfires more than anything because they are light, quiet, accurate and inexpensive/fun to shoot.

I like the idea of compact versatility. I think a "kit" with a common sig braced Ar lower and three pistol uppers in 22lr, 300blk, and 458 socom all in a fitted soft case would be a nice package for the rig.:)

I like the idea of compact versatility. I think a "kit" with a common sig braced Ar lower and three pistol uppers in 22lr, 300blk, and 458 socom all in a fitted soft case would be a nice package for the rig.:)

I like versatility, but I would not want to convert my defensive firearm back and forth between centerfire and rimfire while out hunting or in a SHTF situation. I would not want to be caught without the centerfire ready to go at a moment's notice. Not to mention the weight.

Leave it in 300 blk mode in that case or 458 socom if you are expecting a really tough customer. With the adjustable brace the gun put together is still quite compact with a 10" or under barrel.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top