JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Archangel stock conversion is neat in concept, but for me the whole idea of a take down 22lr is of limited use. Maybe I am missing something though. What are the applications for those that use them?

The Archangel stock conversion is neat in concept, but for me the whole idea of a take down 22lr is of limited use. Maybe I am missing something though. What are the applications for those that use them?

Truck gun
Pack gun

Any application that benefits from a shorter package. Yes, a folding stock makes a rifle shorter, but not as short as a take-down.

If someone came out with a lightweight bullpup stock that maintained the accuracy, had a decent trigger and ease of field stripping, and didn't cost more than $200, then I would probably buy one of those - I like bullpups. But every 10/22 bullpup either sucks (e.g., Muzzlllite) or is too heavy and costly.

I like my .22 rimfires to be light, compact and accurate. When they are, I am more likely to take them along with me when I go out into the woods, whether I have a centerfire or not.

Truck gun
Pack gun

Any application that benefits from a shorter package. Yes, a folding stock makes a rifle shorter, but not as short as a take-down.

If someone came out with a lightweight bullpup stock that maintained the accuracy, had a decent trigger and ease of field stripping, and didn't cost more than $200, then I would probably buy one of those - I like bullpups. But every 10/22 bullpup either sucks (e.g., Muzzlllite) or is too heavy and costly.

I like my .22 rimfires to be light, compact and accurate. When they are, I am more likely to take them along with me when I go out into the woods, whether I have a centerfire or not.
A bullpup like the AUG is a nice truck gun if it wasn't for cost. Its already as short as a rifle with the stock folded, but when you take the barrel out its even shorter. I only wish there was a .308 version.

0FB4D3FC-6D01-4BC2-9399-DDCDF414B8BC.jpeg FCEB5B3D-EE93-4214-B1A3-93900B5C3BC2.jpeg

For a truck gun I would want a bit more energy than a 22lr. For a pack gun, a 22 would only be grouse gun for me and this is a role my charger or a 22/45 fills nicely. I guess we just have different m.o.'s and I am glad the industry is filling these niches.

For a truck gun I would want a bit more energy than a 22lr. For a pack gun, a 22 would only be grouse gun for me and this is a role my charger or a 22/45 fills nicely. I guess we just have different m.o.'s and I am glad the industry is filling these niches.

The Charger with a folding 'arm-brace' would be good. I have been thinking about getting or building one.

I have more .22 rimfires than any other caliber. 10/22s, a 'Pack Rifle' takedown weighing less than one pound (15 ounces), an M6 Scout, pistols and so on. I like .22 rimfires more than anything because they are light, quiet, accurate and inexpensive/fun to shoot.

I like the idea of compact versatility. I think a "kit" with a common sig braced Ar lower and three pistol uppers in 22lr, 300blk, and 458 socom all in a fitted soft case would be a nice package for the rig.:)

I like the idea of compact versatility. I think a "kit" with a common sig braced Ar lower and three pistol uppers in 22lr, 300blk, and 458 socom all in a fitted soft case would be a nice package for the rig.:)

I like versatility, but I would not want to convert my defensive firearm back and forth between centerfire and rimfire while out hunting or in a SHTF situation. I would not want to be caught without the centerfire ready to go at a moment's notice. Not to mention the weight.

Leave it in 300 blk mode in that case or 458 socom if you are expecting a really tough customer. With the adjustable brace the gun put together is still quite compact with a 10" or under barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top