JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New AR15 with M4 barrel and all new parts, properly headspaced and the first round fired fine but would not extract.. normal pressure indications but note the ring around the case just below the shoulder, and the rim ripped off by the extractor.. I know what I think it is, what do you think?

Next issue.. since the extractor tore loose the second round was fed and ran into the M4 barrel extension where it sticks out just a bit over the lowers M4 grooves, (It shouldn't) and took a real beating. I had no problem at home manually cycling rounds. i can file the barrel extensions with a chainsaw file but with the first issue I'm not inclined unless the stuck case issue can be fixed

This is the case where the bolt over rode the case after the bullet tip got stuck in the M4 extension "gap"..

More info.. new 20 rd C products mag and SS109/M855 mil spec NATO ammo were used

Headspace gauges check just that, headspace.
I think you need to finish ream your chamber.
You didn't get a .223 chambered barrel did you?

Headspace gauges check just that, headspace.
I think you need to finish ream your chamber.
You didn't get a .223 chambered barrel did you?

No, it's supposedly a NATO spec, (except for the twist) air gauged 5.56 M4 barrel.. I'll link it below. You helped me check headspace (nubus) and so we know it's not that. What about that ring? Looks to me like a bad chamber with a ring gouge in it? The ring goes all the way around the case..

The muzzle threads also were dinged and I had some needle file work to fix it and the FS was still hard to get installed. Made by Citadel

* 16" M4 Profile Chrome moly barrel
* 1/9 twist 5.56 Nato chamber
* .750 gas block area
* Heat Treated
* Air Gauged
* Has M4 feed ramps
* Stripped barrel with extension & gas port drilled
* Brand new barrels

<broken link removed>

Hmmm can you see the imperfection in the chamber? Looks like
Possibly the finish reamer picked up a Chelsea and gouged the chamber. Allowing it to cycle smooth when rounds are cycled they it, but when fired the brass flows into the gouge and sticks the case.

Hmmm can you see the imperfection in the chamber? Looks like
Possibly the finish reamer picked up a Chelsea and gouged the chamber. Allowing it to cycle smooth when rounds are cycled they it, but when fired the brass flows into the gouge and sticks the case.

See now that's what I wanted to get out of this thread.. my barrel has a Chelsea :s0112:

My pain now has a name. I haven't cleaned the chamber but I will, and will try to get a good pic after the barrel is pulled. I've written the biz that sold it to me and we'll return it. I hope nubus will be a good sport enough to help me headspace the new barrel when I get it.. this time I am going to wait for a Yankee Hill diamond fluted so we don't have to do this again (they are sold out everywhere)

Nubus if you drink beer let me know what brand you like :s0155:

The retailer I linked is going to send us a shipping label so we don't have to pay for it.. they returned our e-mail promptly

Well the barrel is an M4 for sure, (I linked the barrel above and the barrel exterior certainly is an M4 design ) and the upper is an Olympic Arms with M4 cuts. The barrel is clearly out of spec

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top