JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This article suggests that SCOTUS is not interested in showing that any law contrary to "uninfringeable" 2A interpretation is illegal:

Probably for the reasons I already stated: Actual judges, even very conservative ones, do not agree with the absolutist interpretation.
That article is from 2020. A lot has happened since then.

Probably for the reasons I already stated: Actual judges, even very conservative ones, do not agree with the absolutist interpretation.
:s0140:

Withdrawn. Nevermind. I'm not going to continue to feed a clearly leftist political agenda discussion... or even "playing devil's advocate" discussion for trolling purposes.

Withdrawn. Nevermind. I'm not going to continue to feed a clearly leftist political agenda discussion... or even "playing devil's advocate" discussion for trolling purposes.
Translation: I have no reply for facts, so I'm just going to smear you instead.

Translation: I have no reply for facts, so I'm just going to smear you instead.
Nope! Typical trolling response. Clearly taking fantastical leaps of logic, calling them "facts" and no end in sight. Exactly like we've seen in the House AWB house debates recently.

I'm done playing with that kind of mentality... or lack thereof. :s0155:

Nope! Typical trolling response. Clearly taking fantastical leaps of logic, calling them "facts" and no end in sight. Exactly like we've seen in the House AWB house debates recently.

I'm done playing with that kind of mentality... or lack thereof. :s0155:
Nope! Typical senseless defensive response: Say "I'm done" twice, then keep posting personal attacks when you run out of steam on the actual subject.

Nope! Typical senseless defensive response: Say "I'm done" twice, then keep posting personal attacks when you run out of steam on the actual subject.

Let me put it another way. You long since went off topic of the thread and turned it into a left vs. right political thread. I mistakenly entertained it a bit, but I'm done now. Move on~

Let me put it another way. You long since went off topic of the thread and turned it into a left vs. right political thread. I mistakenly entertained it a bit, but I'm done now. Move on~
We were talking. You own the other half of the conversation.

Some things to consider here ...
"Back and forth " asides and "one-up-man-ship-" can only occur if there is at least two folks willing to do so...

Back and forth , often one sided "conversations" bog down the thread and can derail it as well.

No law that says you must have the "last word": either....
Andy

Last Edited:
This sort of comment puts me in mind of a poster that hung in our shop space back in my Navy days. It showed a rather small mouse flipping off a very large eagle that was just about to crush it in its talons. The caption read "The Last Great Act of Defiance". I don't care how steadfast or well armed you may think you are, if you really believe that's going to prevent that eagle from crushing you, you're either stupid or delusional, or both.

Accept the reality or not, but gun owners make up a rather small minority of the American people, and the majority is getting tired of being bullied and held hostage by that minority. The 2nd Amendment is NOT a "God given right", it was written by men, men that couldn't possibly imagine the world we live in today. bubblegum and moan about it all you want, but eventually that majority will exercise its political will, and your "God given right" will become just another privilege of living in a civilized society, same as owning a car, and with similar limits and requirements. The United States is one of only 3 countries that includes the right to own firearms in its Constitution, and trust me, the other two aren't what most would consider good company. Later.

Dave
Dude… 1 single untrained guy with an AR, committing evil, forced an entire town's police force to stand around with their fingers up their butt, doing nothing.

Stop drinking the koolaide that armed resistance needs nukes or aircraft to be a serious issue. The Taliban own Afghanistan now, 20 years and the most advanced military on the planet and the Taliban own Afghanistan again.

Edit:

The men who put together the constitution, bill of rights, and declaration of independence were extremely more intelligent, read, and educated than the vast majority of Americans today. If you want to project your own cognitive limitations on them that's your choice, but I'm not accepting that was their limit.

Last Edited:
This sort of comment puts me in mind of a poster that hung in our shop space back in my Navy days. It showed a rather small mouse flipping off a very large eagle that was just about to crush it in its talons. The caption read "The Last Great Act of Defiance". I don't care how steadfast or well armed you may think you are, if you really believe that's going to prevent that eagle from crushing you, you're either stupid or delusional, or both.

Accept the reality or not, but gun owners make up a rather small minority of the American people, and the majority is getting tired of being bullied and held hostage by that minority. The 2nd Amendment is NOT a "God given right", it was written by men, men that couldn't possibly imagine the world we live in today. bubblegum and moan about it all you want, but eventually that majority will exercise its political will, and your "God given right" will become just another privilege of living in a civilized society, same as owning a car, and with similar limits and requirements. The United States is one of only 3 countries that includes the right to own firearms in its Constitution, and trust me, the other two aren't what most would consider good company. Later.

Dave
"It showed a rather small mouse flipping off a very large eagle that was just about to crush it in its talons. The caption read
'The Last Great Act of Defiance'. "

Left Over from handing these out prior to the So-Called "Crime Bill" in 1994..... :) :rolleyes:

z.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top