Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

New and upcoming Hunter from Portland! Looking for mentors and friends!

CantTouchThis

Reactions
Hi everyone! I have been a gun owner for the past 2 years and just this year have decided to start hunting! Whether it be small game or big game, I just want to get out there and learn all that I can. I want to pass down my guns to my family's future generations. I plan on hunting this upcoming elk season with my Savage Axis II XP 30-06 that I bought for $316 new from Cabelas using discounted gift cards (I recommend it)! If you need a spotter or cameraman or any sort of help, I'd love to tag along and go scouting and learn all that I can with you!

Muggs919

Reactions
Hello and welcome! Great forum. Lots of helpful folks. I haven't hunted in years, so not much help on that front.

Joe13

Reactions
Welcome.

I started hunting later in life, although I've been shooting all of my life, and had a hard time breaking into the sport - hunters are like fishermen that have their secret fishing holes lol.

If your strong and can help pack an animal out that will help you. Also I've found the more research I do and know, the more people have been willing to share with me.

Best of luck on your search;)

EPS

Reactions
Welcome .
And wow Elk for your first go .
That's a big deal and I mean big.
Hopefully you find a few friends.
Because .
You will need them and they will use you.
To help pack elk meat out of a HUGE MOUNTAIN DITCH.
LOL

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect