Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New and renewed memberships - feeling good

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dallen1x, Jan 2, 2013.

1. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

I've renewed my membership with the American Legion, donated to NWFA, donated to OFF and joined the NRA.
    Makes me feel better than I did just a short time ago.
    :flag:

(update) Just donated to SAF.

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

:thumbup:

3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Second Amendment Foundation: Second Amendment Foundation Online

They aggressively protect the Second Amendment and are much less sleezy than the NRA.

4. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

Done deal.

5. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Yep, SAF and also GOA would be a good one.

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Why the hatred for the NRA? If it wasn't for them the 10 rd magazine ban would have gone into effect in 1934!

7. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

For a long time the NRA was extremely "hunter" focused and did not stand strongly for certain types of guns. It was only in recent years that the NRA started supporting gun designs like the AR-15 and things like suppressors. I have also found them to be late to the party when it comes to legal actions that organizations like the SAF aggressively pursue.

I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, I just find the whole organization to be a less than trustworthy - almost like they have been around Washington so long that the stench has permeated their skin and it won't wash off.

8. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Way to go! I was already an NRA Life member, so I went ahead and did a Second Amendment Foundation Life Membership and re-upped my commitment to OFF.....next is to send a few bucks to NWFA, thanks for the reminder.