JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The promise of this new ammo is that it will turn lever guns into something you could shoot beyond 200 yds. To that I say "I have other rifles more suited to shooting longer distance".
I choose a lever gun because it's easy to carry in thick brush, its light to carry longer distances, and it is light recoiling!
Nothing this new ammo does helps with any of what makes lever guns great at the things they are made for!
I like new things but this does nothing I need. DR

The promise of this new ammo is that it will turn lever guns into something you could shoot beyond 200 yds
There is no promise of anything like that in the link from the original post.

These were designed for better performance in rifles by using a considerably heavier bullet in pistol calibers over standard offerings, among other things. Obviously more mass in a projectile will shrink distance, not increase it.

The 327 I am interested in gives a 25-50% increase in weight over the normal Federal loads of 85g and 100g. Add 1650 fps and a bonded hollow point and it makes a 327 Henry rifle much more potent!

I agree it is pricey, but it is roughly the same price as equivilent Buffalo Bore ammo.
As Osprey said, it's good to have options.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top