JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every red blooded American ought to have an AK 47. Just because!

1664675957753.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Coupla things... Can you get us a pic with greater detail inside the loading port, so we can see what kind of follower you have? More light, too...

Also, what is the thing at the 7 o'clock position in the photo above? Looks almost like a "hollow" version of the dummy round follower I was talkin' about...

So, here's a few pics of one of my AK-47 drums...
Mine does not have a key on the back like the one in Marks' video above to wind the spring. For mine, you wind the spring by opening the drum and spin the spokes around manually until you get the tension desired, then put it back together. As long as you don't let the tabbed follower fall out, you'll never have to wind it cuz the tab stops the spring from unwinding.

Mine has a lever on the front that works exactly like an UpLULA speed loader. You just load rounds into the port one at a time, cranking the lever to drop each round into the drum. You can't load rounds into my drums like the video shows cuz there's no holes/slots for the rounds to go. They would fall all over the place if you tried to load the drum by taking it apart. So it seems like my drums aren't going to be of much help. But it looks like you can just follow the video Mark posted and you'll be fine.

AK drum01.jpg

Also, I pulled out the 3-round follower... Your follower is completely different than this one

AK drum02.jpg

You can see the tab on the last "round" of the follower. That's the tab I was talking about a few posts above, before I saw what you had.

AK drum03.jpg

This tabbed round needs to be the one that is furthest into the drum, cuz that tab is forced up against a stop by the spring when the drum is empty, which keeps the spring from completely unwinding. Your set-up is different.

Last Edited:
So, here's a few pics of one of my AK-47 drums...
Mine does NOT have a key on the back like the one in Marks' video above. Mine has a lever on the front that one uses much like an UpLULA speed loader. You can't load rounds in my drums like the video sows cuz there's no holes/slots for the rounds to go. They would fall all over the place if you tried to load the drum by taking it apart. So it seems like my drums aren't going to be of much help. But it looks like you can just follow the video Mark posted and you'll be fine.

View attachment 1285481

Also, I pulled out the 3-round follower...

View attachment 1285483

You can see the tab on the last "round" of the follower.

View attachment 1285488

This tabbed round needs to be the one that is furthest into the drum, cuz that tab is forced up against a stop by the spring when the drum is empty, which keeps the spring from completely unwinding. I suspect that you must have a similar set-up in your drum, otherwise all the spring tension is lost.
Yours is pretty cool.
Never seen that before.

Well, I wish I'd seen that video before I asked a stupid question! Same unit as mine and I'll follow the video and "load 'er up"!

Thank you fellas!

I am giving the gun a very detailed and thorough cleaning. However, I'm having difficulty removing the butt stock. Leave it or yank harder?

Besides the trunion, bolt, bolt carrier, bolt carrier spring fastener and dust cover, where can I find more matching numbers?

This Hungarian pre-ban is nicely built, now I want it to function smoothly.

Last Edited:
Tell everyone it's north Korean and sell it for $500.
So, Knobber... the only markings I can find look like they might be S/Ns on the front, on the loading lever.
One says "L-738" and the other says "CE-338". Any idea who made these/where they're from?

AK drum04.jpg

So, Knobber... the only markings I can find look like they might be S/Ns on the front, on the loading lever.
One says "L-738" and the other says "CE-338". Any idea who made these/where they're from?

View attachment 1285502
Kinda looking like a Romanian top load 75. I just had never seen one with the back off before.

Angled forward when seated in the rifle??

Leaving it alone. Anything that tight should be left alone...well you know what I mean, almost anything!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top