JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this today. Did not think I'd ever own one. Kind of tripped into it.

38964CDE-AF31-4C6D-83F8-236544829BE3.jpeg 1A0D6343-3F3A-4FBB-B67A-3C8D76B5D460.jpeg D785A41E-0A4A-4CEF-A712-4052A316EC03.jpeg

As much as you play with 7.62 x 39 and this is your first? Every red blooded American ought to have an AK 47. Just because! :s0151:

I have owned several AK-47s, but never a pre-ban. This will sit beside my arsenal SLR107FR and maybe my wife will go shooting with me now!

I will say this, I paid a very fair price for it, under market value. It came with over 400 rounds of ammunition, 15 or so magazines, a 75 round steel drum mag that I can't figure out for Jack didilly, Bayonet, stripper clips and some stuff to make loading ammo easier.

a 75 round steel drum mag that I can't figure out for Jack didilly
Does the drum have the 3 "rounds" as a follower? Basically, 3 linked dummy rounds - they'll look like snap caps. You should be able to see them in the drum's loading port. Have you opened the drum yet? If you have, is the 3rd follower round (the one with the tab on it) the one that's furthest inside the drum? Is the internal spring wound up, or has it been released? If you remove the 3 linked follower rounds and you don't keep tension on the spring by blocking/holding the spokes, then the spring will release, dare I say, rapidly. Then you'll have to rewind it, which is a bastidge of a PITA. Don't ask me how I know this little tidbit...

Last Edited:
When I get home I will take pictures of it. No dummy rounds, doesn't seem to be any spring tension on it.

When I get home I will take pictures of it. No dummy rounds, doesn't seem to be any spring tension on it.
I'll wait for pics. You'll probably need to wind the spring, by the sound of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top