JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, I bought myself my first 1911!

DSC_0518.jpg

I have been reading good things about Rock Island Armory, and I got a great deal on this brand new with ammo and no background check fee for $390. Its the Compact size, and so far, I only had time to put 50 rounds through it, and I LOVED it.

This is the second 1911 I have shot, my buddy has a u.s. army colt from WW2 that his grandpa used while he served in the military. Having only shot that gun one time it's hard to compare to the RIA, but as far as I am concerned this gun is amazing for the price.

the only complaints I have about the gun are the sights are a tad small, and they have no contrast to them which kind of makes acquiring the target a bit hard at first. but once I began to get used to it, I got much more comfortable with it. I am also not the biggest fan of the grips, I would have preferred them to not be smooth, and I am not the biggest fan of the color either. These were both easy fixes as I ordered new sights and grips tonight!

I've been shooting for about 2 years now, and this is my second handgun. My first was the Sig P250, in 9mm.

Comparing the RIA to my Sig, it was a completely different gun, first off, now I know why people complain about the P250, I was shooting high with my RIA for the first 15 rounds because of how the Sig puts the bullet right where the sight covers. The 1911 is above the front sight, which took some getting used to after only shooting the Sig for the past couple months. Secondly, the trigger pull. I got so used to the long pull of the Sig that this thing was like a gift from the heavens! I cannot believe how much easier it is to maintain the sights with an SA trigger over a DAO.

Overall, for the price, if you are looking for a great, accurate,reliable gun with a lot of aftermarket parts, I cant think of a better gun.

I plan to put a couple hundred rounds through it next weekend to see if I can improve my aim a little bit as I am still not quite comfortable with how different the sights are from my sig, but Im sure a little bit of practice will clear that up just fine.

I would recommend this gun to anyone looking for the quality of a gun that is worth 2-3 times as much.

here are a couple more pics

DSC_0521.jpg
DSC_0520.jpg

A RIA 1911 is what I was considering for a second 1911, for kind of a "beat 'em up" gun, rather than the Kimber I got first. I've heard good thing about them, and at that price. WOW.

"Sissy, Girly Hands" Funny stuff!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top