JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I finally took the plunge and bought a used Super Grade on Gunbroker.com. This is an early model (3 digit serial) made sometime around 2000. I had read all of the discussion and had never seen one in person, but the price on this one was too good to pass up.

Initial impressions: Everything you could ask for in a 1911. The workmanship is amazing, but what really stood out to me was how good it felt in the hand and how crisp everything felt on it, safety, racking the slide, inserting a mag. Perfect. It also shot how I expected it would, very nice.

2011-10-21123002.jpg

These groups are 16 shots free hand at the end of the range (about 15-20 yds). The lower was the second group after I was warmed up. This is about as good as I can shoot free hand, so i'm happy with the accuracy.

I also have an early (1990's) Les Baer Custom. If you guys are interested, when I have some more trigger time on the SG, I can do a detailed comparison, and give my opinions on what you get for the money. I'll also post some better photos when I have a chance to clean it up and take them.

2011-10-20173603.jpg