JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jenny and I were making our rounds from gun shop to gun shop posting fliers for this site today. We were looking at the AR's at Gun Broker and over in the corner I noticed a real nice Winchester Model 94. I've been wanting one for years, ever since my brother inherited one from my grandfather. It was always my favorite gun to shoot from Grandpa's collection, but I chose the Colt Anaconda .44 mag instead. I picked it up with eyes wide and nostalgic, then asked Jenny if she knew what it was. It's not like they're rare or anything, but I hadn't seen one in years (because I wasn't really looking). I looked at the price tag and it said $249.99! I really didn't know how much they were going for, but I'd never seen them that cheap (always around $400-$500). She was urging me to get it, but I did the responsible thing and put it back on the shelf, telling Jenny 'maybe when we can afford one'. Knowing how much I loved my brothers, she kept bugging me until finally I had no other choice but to pull out the Discover.

$262.99 later, I'm the proud owner of a very nice 1979 Winchester Model 94 .30-30 :D

Overall, it's in very good condition, with just a little maring on the side of the receiver. It's one of the later models with the plastic buttplate, but it does have the blued receiver, not painted. I really couldn't pass it up once I got to thinking about it. In my opinion, this is the perfect camp gun. Forgive my pictures, I really need to learn how to take photographs.

As soon as I can afford one. I have a few other things I want to get before then, and this will hold me over nicely. I'll be taking a pre-64 model 94 with us Saturday so I can shoot them side by side and compare.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top