JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
80% Lower Jigs for AR-15 and 308 80% lowers.

Our Router Jig is truly unlike anything else on the market in that it has been engineered and optimized in every fashion for finishing an 80% lower with a router.

Watch our instructional overview video for in-depth information:

Check out one of our guys finishing a .308 80% lower in 25 minutes:

Industry First External Milling Guide Template Cavities
5D-JIG308-6T.jpg

Hybrid End Mill with 5/16" cutting surface - our Hybrid End Mill (Patent Pending) has been thoroughly optimized for the purpose of finishing 80% lowers with our jig
5D-300-2T.jpg

No-touch wear resistant solid steel side plates for TRUE universal compatibility
5D-JIG15-3T.jpg

Only drill 2 HOLES before milling + wear resistant solid steel drilling guide. Our Hybrid End Mill is so efficient milling aluminum that drilling more holes is not necessary and would just be a waste of precious time. We have also found that optimal results are achieved when fewer holes are drilled prior to milling.
5D-JIG308-5T.jpg

Our Universal Router Adapter houses a high speed bearing which fully supports the end mill in all directions, at all times. This greatly reduces the opportunity for end mill chattering, which in conjunction with our custom Hybrid End Mill, reduces end mill flex by 59% as compared to a 1/4" end mill. The net effect is more efficient milling and better finish quality.

5D-JIG308-2T.jpg

Available for the AR-15 and 308 Platforms. Conversion Kits are also available. Purchase either jig, and you can convert to the other without having to buy an entire other jig. Our conversion kits allow you to retain the components that are common between both jigs any only buy what you need!

www.5dtactical.com

Wut do the jigs run $$$ ..???.....
For the ar15,
And ar10, prices..$.$.$.$$....?.?..?.

AR-15 Jig - Aluminum: $149.99
AR-15 Jig - w/Steel Upgrade: $199.99
AR-308/AR-10 Jig: $214.99
5/16" Hybrid End Mill: $39.99

We also offer Jig Conversion Kits. So, if for example you purchase our AR-15 Router Jig, you do not have to buy the entire AR-308 Jig. You just buy the AR-15 to AR-308 Jig Conversion Kit (for $129.99) which is all the AR-308 specific parts, where you will reuse some of the components which are common between both jigs.

Last Edited:
I don't mean to pry for proprietary info, but how small does the jig knock down into for storage or travel? (Dims of a ready-to-ship package would probably work.) Trying to find a bag where I can fit this, the router, my EP Armory mini-jig and cordless drill kit all into it, preferably along with enough room for my armorer kit...

I don't mean to pry for proprietary info, but how small does the jig knock down into for storage or travel? (Dims of a ready-to-ship package would probably work.) Trying to find a bag where I can fit this, the router, my EP Armory mini-jig and cordless drill kit all into it, preferably along with enough room for my armorer kit...

It comes shipped "knocked down" in a small flat cardboard box. Watch the videos and you'll get a feel for it.

We ship the jigs in a custom foam lined box that is about 10L x 7W x 1.75H.

@5D Tactical, just curious - do you have a particular router you recommend for use with your jig? I'll need to get one and I'm curious if you've have better results with one over another. I've been looking at a Rigid model myself.

@etrain16 Per the 5D site, the DeWalt DWP611 and Porter-Cable PCE-6435 (both Stanley Black & Decker subsidiaries) were the top two.

Router Guide for Finishing 80% Lower Receivers

Good to see a Makita made at least 80%... when "power tools" have come up for discussion the Evil Old Ones have started to threaten me with disowning if I buy anything else. "We've been a Makita family since your grandfather brought them home from Korea, and you're not gonna break that tradition!"*snort*

@etrain16 Per the 5D site, the DeWalt DWP611 and Porter-Cable PCE-6435 (both Stanley Black & Decker subsidiaries) were the top two.

Router Guide for Finishing 80% Lower Receivers

Good to see a Makita made at least 80%... when "power tools" have come up for discussion the Evil Old Ones have started to threaten me with disowning if I buy anything else. "We've been a Makita family since your grandfather brought them home from Korea, and you're not gonna break that tradition!"*snort*

Thanks! Yes, when it came to the first cordless tools, we were a Makita family ourselves, as was my dad's company. Once I got out to work in construction though, I became a fan of DeWalt and Rigid.

Grandpa was more metal than wood... trained as a tool/die-maker by GE's industrial works in Fort Wayne, then the USAF had him as an "on-call machinist" fabricating spares as needed when they couldn't wait for something to ship in. Take the busted part off the F-106, measure it, machine a new one and install it all while engine kept turning.

Well, as it stands, while the setup is impressive, this revolutionary mill end made it to the second hash mark of the first pins.

This is the 4th lower I'm milling out, with the same equipment, except using a 5d tactical setup

20170418_170757.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top