JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was going through the garage in Dads old house and found a nice shiney rod tube with the black wrinkle finish and heavy brass end caps . I shook it nad could tell it wasnt empty and when I opened it up there was in a nice cloth sleeve a very pretty black flyrod . It said it was a Black Diamond II by Cortland , 8 1/2 ft. made on an IM-S graphite blank and rated for #5 & #6 wt. line . I went to some fly fishing forums to find out about the rod and ran accross a fellow who worked for Cortland when the rod was made . He said they did not make the rod themselves that it was in fact a Lamiglass built rod for Cortland . I thought the decals looked familiar as they are of the very same print style as my Lamiglass Steelhead rods from the same period . This rod still has the shrink wrap on the cork butt and looks new . The gent I was talking to told me this rod retailed for just upwards of $250.00 when new . The rod case can be seen in Cabelas 2014 fly fishing catalog and sells for $44.99 with their logo stuck on it ( imagine that ) . I dont fly fish but I showed it to a couple of fellas who do and they told me this was a nice piece indeed . If you would like an unused rod as I desribed I will let you have the rod and the tube for $125.00 . I am in Newberg until this coming Sunday and have the rod witgh me . After that I will be heading back home to Redmond over the Cascades . Drop me a PM if interested and tight lines to you all .

Was going through the garage in Dads old house and found a nice shiney rod tube with the black wrinkle finish and heavy brass end caps . I shook it nad could tell it wasnt empty and when I opened it up there was in a nice cloth sleeve a very pretty black flyrod . It said it was a Black Diamond II by Cortland , 8 1/2 ft. made on an IM-S graphite blank and rated for #5 & #6 wt. line . I went to some fly fishing forums to find out about the rod and ran accross a fellow who worked for Cortland when the rod was made . He said they did not make the rod themselves that it was in fact a Lamiglass built rod for Cortland . I thought the decals looked familiar as they are of the very same print style as my Lamiglass Steelhead rods from the same period . This rod still has the shrink wrap on the cork butt and looks new . The gent I was talking to told me this rod retailed for just upwards of $250.00 when new . The rod case can be seen in Cabelas 2014 fly fishing catalog and sells for $44.99 with their logo stuck on it ( imagine that ) . I dont fly fish but I showed it to a couple of fellas who do and they told me this was a nice piece indeed . If you would like an unused rod as I desribed I will let you have the rod and the tube for $125.00 . I am in Newberg until this coming Sunday and have the rod witgh me . After that I will be heading back home to Redmond over the Cascades . Drop me a PM if interested and tight lines to you all .

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top