JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Fixed for you...

Hah, if you had any idea how absurd, arbitrary and convoluted the legal path to immigration is in the US, you wouldn't be saying that.

Many of the skilled immigrants this country needs end up going to Canada or Australia instead, because those countries actually give priority to skilled individuals, versus the blood-tie prioritization the US uses. Combine that with massive wait times demanded by the xenophobe lobby in CONgress (aka the GOP), the US ends up with immigrants with fewer skills and less wealth.

The only thing a "legal immigrant" has over an "illegal" is saint-like patience.

Nope. My statement wasn't limited.

You can hear what you're listening for, or you can hear what I say.

It doesn't matter to me.

Fortunately, the exclusionist sector of the United States is a minority.

But don't be afraid-- the heavy lifting was done forty years ago. Living as a minority in the United States isn't nearly as difficult as it once was.

Nope. My statement wasn't limited.

You can hear what you're listening for, or you can hear what I say.

It doesn't matter to me.

Fortunately, the exclusionist sector of the United States is a minority.

But don't be afraid-- the heavy lifting was done forty years ago. Living as a minority in the United States isn't nearly as difficult as it once was.

You're absolutely right...it was harder then, than it is now.

Image7.gif

There was no welfare, no "green card". Nevertheless, if you came to this country (like my great grandfather) looking for the American Dream, you were expected to work and contribute...what we have hundreds of years ago is completely different than what we have today.

Do I blame minorities? No. I blame the system....the system promotes laziness and rewards people that are unemployed and continuously kick out kids...

My mother used to have to scavenge rotten food from the dumps behind grocery stores to feed her son (my brother). Did she expect a handout? Did she expect help? Nope...now it's expected...hell it's DEMANDED that other people help. Who pays for that help? The taxpayers.

Last I checked, not too many illegal immigrants pay taxes. Does the surplus of cheap labor help our economy? Heck yeah! But that doesn't offset the amount of drug smuggling, anchor babies, identity thefts, and overall leaches to our economy (i.e. all those on social security, welfare, and food stamps that can work but are too lazy too).

I have no problem with people coming to the United States legally...regardless of race or ethnicity.

Ah, well then it's simple ignorance.

Speaking as an employer, you don't know anything about how taxes are collected. Do you think they can avoid paying sales tax?

Do you know what the one thing all illegal immigrants have in common is?

Better documentation than you have. A full set of documents is for sale less than two miles from where I'm sitting, for less than an hour's pay for a journeyman carpenter.

Do you understand what that means? It means they pay all withholding taxes, in full. Their pay stubs look just like your pay stubs.

Do you know what they don't do?

They don't collect most of the benefits that you do. No tax refund. No unemployment insurance. They pay, but they don't collect.

So save your ignorance for the rest of the uninformed. Your information is simply incorrect.

The problem is not the immigrants. They work like dogs. Dogs.

The problem is with the system, but again, don't worry-- we're working on changing that, and it's starting to happen.

According to your last statement, as soon as we finish making all these folks legal, all your "objections" go away, right? We'll hold you to that-- you said you welcome legal immigrants.

So we need to make them legal, and make them welcome.

The percentage of deadbeats is no higher among immigrants than among our own, home-grown Bloods, Crips, Mongols and NASCAR boys. And if I had to guess, I'd say that the weak, lame and lazy never took the risk of leaving their home country, and moving to a county where they don't speak the language and suffer political, economic and flat out stupid persecution.

Sometimes, I'm ashamed of my fellow "Americans". Maybe I'll strike the cap, and refer to them as "americans", because all they did to earn the title was be born north or south of some imaginary line.

Do what's right. Be American. Tired, poor, huddled masses.

It's not a law. It's a way of life.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews