JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just found a nice marlin 357 lever action. It has the factory Iron sites, who can suggest sites or ? for 65 year old eyes (I need glasses for reading). Thanks for all the wisdom, you guys are really helpful.

yup, I was going to suggest a nice peep. I have a Williams on my Marlin 39. I'm not against
all the red dot or 20x optics but sometimes you just don't really need them for the select firearm.

I really like the Skinner peep on my lever gun. It brings the front blade into perfect focus. Just learned about the Merit #4 hunting disc that lets you dial the aperture from .022 - .156 on the fly. Should be a nice little addition to an already great sight.

Or

Or

I had the same problem. I put on a tang mounted Marble peep. Comes with two apertures. Works well for me. If you aren't comfortable drilling on your new piece, you may have to take it in to have it mounted.

I have peeps on a number of rifles, but to SEE what I'm shooting at, I need glass. I just got a big loop, mounts, and a hammer spur for my .41 Henry. It's getting a Vortex 1X4, my Savage 99F has a 2X7. I have a Rossi .357 that I'm leaving the sights on for now. PAX

Last Edited:
I bought a nice Marlin 1894C from a member here; he'd put the Skinner sights on it, and boy, that aperture sight on a lever rifle is excellent. I'm over 60 (don't tell the people I work with) and my eyes are crap, but the Skinners work great. I'm getting some for my 336.

I have cloverleaf sights from Ranger Point Precision on my 1894c and 336. They are an awesome upgrade.

I have the same problem - old eyes! I have a Skinner rear peep on my 1894 Marlin 44 mag and it's great! I still need to get a taller front sight for it though - got the peep all the way to the bottom and it still shoots high, but that's kinda beside the point.

Another good alternative is Ranger Point Precision. I have their standard aperture (didn't care for the cloverleaf) on their brass base with their fiber optic site up front on my 336 and I like that a lot too.

I have peeps on a number of rifles, but to SEE what I'm shooting at, I need glass. I just got a big loop, mounts, and a hammer spur for my .41 Henry. It's getting a Vortex 1X4, my Savage 99F has a 2X7. I have a Rossi .357 that I'm leaving the sights on for now. PAX

Steve's Gunz sells what I thought this was a clever solution for a Rossi 92 peep sight, replacing the useless safety switch. I installed one on my 357 and like it a lot. It's not rock solid being mounted to the bolt but for basically a ghost ring at under 100 yards it works great.

They also sell a single slot pic rail that dovetails into the original rear sight slot to mount a mini red dot. Seems like it might work for the See All sight too.

2C55FEEC-1482-40B2-9BA3-B8FE2BE9F9E5.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top